Miller & Martin recognizes that a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment are necessary if we are to effectively understand and serve our clients and value the different backgrounds and experiences of all our employees. Through recruitment, hiring, retention and advancement, the firm continues its commitment to diversity in the workplace.
An environment of inclusion is a priority at Miller & Martin, and our Diversity Committee provides the leadership and support to maintain this atmosphere. The Committee is responsible for implementing the firm's Diversity initiatives.
In the Profession
- Curtis Martin is Past President of the Gate-City Bar Association and inducted into the Leadership Council for Legal Diversity Fellows Program. He also received the National Bar Association's 2012 Presidential Award.
- Marcy Eason was selected to be a National Delegate for Tennessee for Vision 2020, a nationwide initiative focused on women's economic and social equality.
- Jimar Sanders was named to Lawyers of Color's Inaugural Hot List.
- April Holland was named to Lawyers of Color's Hot List.
Involvement & Support
The firm participates in and supports numerous diversity-related efforts, including:
- American Bar Association
- Minority Counsel Program
- Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession's Minority Counsel Program
- Gate City Bar Association
- Hall of Fame Dinner
- Community Law Clinic
- Justice Robert Benham Law Camp
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Frontiers International--Chattanooga African-American Chamber of Commerce
- Lawyers Association for Women
- National Civil Rights Museum Capital Campaign
- Tennessee State University Foundation Scholarship Gala
- Urban League of Greater Chattanooga
Miller & Martin actively recruits diverse and female candidates for our summer program through on-campus interviews, resume drops and several regional and local minority job fairs, including the Southeastern Minority Job Fair and the Damali Booker 1L Minority Job Fair.
Below is a list of some of the minority organizations the firm supports:
- The University of Tennessee College of Law's Annual Julian Blackshear Jr. Scholarship Gala to honor one of its first African American graduates, Julian Blackshear, Jr.
- Atlanta Bar Association’s Minority and Diversity Clerkship Program
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity's 1L Scholars Program
- National Black Law Students Association
Miller & Martin is celebrating 150 years!
Our attorneys provide sound legal advice to a diverse client base - from large, international organizations to local, entrepreneurial companies. 150 years of serving clients, put us to work.