Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity
Miller & Martin’s Mergers & Acquisition and Private Equity attorneys are experienced in all areas of business transactions including acquisitions and divestitures of public and private companies, joint ventures, structuring debt and equity investments, public offerings and going from a public to a private company.
Clients benefit from our significant experience in business combinations across a diverse range of industries and public and private companies. Our skilled team advises clients from the initial planning and the structuring of transactions to the closing of those transactions. We assist in the preparation and negotiation of transaction documents and facilitate all aspect of transaction closings. We also address the ancillary considerations that go along with the deal, including financing agreements, license agreements, supply and manufacturing agreements, consulting and non-competition agreements and employee issues ranging from health insurance to retirement plans. Group members work with strategic and financial buyers, venture capital funds, lenders and accountants that can be valuable to the completion of a successful transaction.
- Represented a publicly listed Australian company in its $50 million acquisition of a U.S. based pharmaceutical brand and related assets, including a corresponding U.S. private equity offering and Australian public equity offering.
- Represented a recognized leader in home warranty, home inspection services and commercial inspections in its acquisition by a leading provider of title insurance, technology and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries.
- Represented a publicly listed Australian pharmaceutical company in the refinancing of $125 million of its debt.
- Represented a publicly listed Australian pharmaceutical company in an agreement with a U.S.-based pharmaceutical company to invest $2.5 million in return for additional common stock.
- Represented a publicly listed Australian company in its $120 million acquisition of a U.S. based pharmaceutical business, including a corresponding U.S. private equity offering and debt financing.
- Represented majority stockholder in sale of controlling interest in Industrial Magnetics, Inc.
- Represented shareholders in sale of stock of Republic Parking System, Inc.
- Represented a Texas retail electric provider in securing a novel supply and credit facility allowing it to become the first electric provider to offer truly pre-paid services using smartgrid technology.
- Represented a publicly-held consumer products company in a sale to an international pharmaceutical company through a tender offer and second step merger with a transaction value for shareholders of $1.9 billion and total transaction value of approximately $2.3 billion.
- Recently completed, for a major corporation, both domestic and international acquisitions valued in excess of $3 billion.
- Represented a consumer products company in separate transactions relating to the purchase of product lines for $40 million, $170 million and $95 million, and the sale of its specialty chemicals division for $25 million and the sale of product lines for $12 million and $160 million.
- Handled the sale of a publicly held major fast food chain valued at $145 million.
- Handled an acquisition of a French manufacturing company with revenues in excess of $200 million and represented the company in the stock for stock acquisition of the company by another international company valued in excess of $400 million.
- Represented a venture capital firm in the acquisition of ownership interests in a large portfolio of companies, including companies in the business of manufacturing sports surfaces, furniture and textiles products, among others.
- Represented purchasers and sellers of beer wholesalers for considerations ranging from $6 million to over $200 million.
- Handled a $60 million merger between a publicly held software company that develops and markets worldwide business intelligence software and another publicly held company.
Kent AntleyRoddy BaileyMitch BlanchardMatt BrysonMark Degler, ChairJoe DeLIsleJonathan EdwardsDoug ElkinsT. J. GentleVarsha GhodasraAlston HamiltonTyler HandChris HendersonJohn HenryNathan HertzogApril HollandMatt JannerboAlan MadisonMike MarshallScott McGinnessPatrick MitchellPat MurphyMerrill NelsonWard NelsonKevin O'MahonyHugh SharberTim SilvisDavid Spiller