Mr. Parsley practices primarily in the area of civil litigation, with concentration in commercial and managed-care litigation and appellate practice. Mr. Parsley is Chair of the firm's Appellate Group and also serves as Director of the Miller & Martin Writing Academy, the firm's in-house professional development program for legal writing.
- Represented shareholder in $230 million fraud action relating to redemption of shares in an oil company.
- Represented Tennessee's largest health insurer in $40 million lawsuit and appeal concerning reimbursement rate for out-of-network emergency healthcare.
- Represented banks in multi-million dollar appeals relating to loan defaults.
- Represented skilled nursing facilities in multi-million dollar appeals relating to alleged medical malpractice.
- Represented healthcare credit-services company in multi-million dollar action for breach of contract.
- Represented insurer in multi-million dollar coverage appeal relating to absolute-pollution exclusion.
- Prepared successful appeal briefing for a decision upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court granting a dismissal in favor of Zenith American Solutions in a case where a retirement plan and its trustees sought relief under ERISA for losses sustained in conjunction with the Plan’s earlier decision to change accounting methods.
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Tennessee, 2004
- B.A., with Highest Distinction, University of Virginia, 1988
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth and Eleventh Circuits
- Judicial Clerk, Hon. Frank F. Drowota III, Chief Justice, Tennessee Supreme Court
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Burton Award In Association with Library of Congress for Legal Achievement (legal writing)
- American Inns of Court, Justices Ray L. Brock Jr. and Robert E. Cooper Chapter - Barrister
- American Bar Association
- Council of Appellate Lawyers
- Managing Editor for Proof: The Journal of the Trial Evidence Committee, a quarterly publication by the American Bar Association's Litigation Section, 2007–2009
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association, Appellate Practice Section - Executive Council; Chair, 2014-2015
- Tennessee Bar Examiner
- Lookout Mountain Presbyterian Church
Mr. Parsley competed in varsity NCAA Division I Cross Country and Track & Field at the University of Virginia.