Alaina Young's practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions, including the representation of institutional investors, lenders and developers in a wide range of real estate matters including financing, acquisition, disposition, leasing and contractual drafting and interpretation. Alaina handles transactions involving properties across all asset classes, including retail, office, multi-family and industrial.
- Responsible for handling, from inception to close, various types of commercial real estate transactions including:
- Represented borrowers and developers in acquisition loan closings between $1 million and $10 million for purchase and development of mixed residential subdivisions, including post-closing preparation of development agreements between owner and contractor, and preparation of covenants and restrictions for declarant’s use.
- Represented purchaser in $5 million purchase of beverage wholesale warehouse.
- Represented lenders in SBA financing transactions.
- Handled promissory note acquisitions, including purchasing promissory notes out of bankruptcy, and subsequently negotiating transactions with borrowers and guarantors relating to their release in exchange for declarant rights or other items of value.
- Represented client in $90 million sale of 18 nursing homes with negotiation and restructure of loan documents based on borrower’s needs.
- Represented borrower as part of the purchase of a steel mill complex in 2012 located in Pennsylvania, with three (3) experienced development groups as the principals in a joint venture.
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law, 2009
- B.A., English, Dickinson College, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- Clerkship for Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas, Pittsburgh, PA, with the Honorable Judge Michael A. Della Vecchia
- State of Georgia Resident Title Insurance License
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Estate Section
- State of Georgia, Resident Title Insurance License
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Heart Association - Annual Heart Gala
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer
Alaina is an avid Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania sports fan.