Ansley Moses practices in the area of federal and state taxation. His primary focus is assisting clients in tax planning in connection with business formations, transactions and reorganizations. Mr. Moses also has significant experience in representing exempt organizations in qualification and compliance matters. He also represents business clients before federal and state tax authorities in connection with audits, appeals and litigation.
Prior to joining Miller & Martin, Mr. Moses was in private practice in Washington, D.C., and served as a law clerk with the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. He is a member of the Chattanooga and Tennessee Bar Associations and the State Bar of Georgia. He is a past Chair of the Tax Section of the Tennessee Bar Association and a former President of Chattanooga Tax Practitioners.
- J.D., M.A. Economics, Duke University, 1988
- A.B., cum laude, Economics, Davidson College, 1985
- U.S. Tax Court
- Honorable Jack T. Camp, U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Georgia
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Tax Law since 2008
- Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" - Tax Law, 2013
- American Bar Association, Taxation and Business Law Sections
- Tennessee Bar Association, Tax Section
- State Bar of Georgia
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Chattanooga Tax Practitioners
- Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga - Counsel and Secretary
- Friends of Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park - Director
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Playcraft Systems
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Worlds of Wow
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of APC Brands
- Miller & Martin Represents US Floor, Inc. in Sale to Shaw Industries Group
- Miller & Martin represents American Trust Bank of East Tennessee in an Agreement to Merge with Citizens Bank
- Miller & Martin Represents Playcore in Acquisition of Architectural Structure Producing Porter Corporation
- Miller & Martin Represents Playcore in Aquatic Division Expansion with Knorr Systems Acquisition
- Miller & Martin Represents Playcore in the Acquisition of Freenotes Harmony Park
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Edition
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents Quickcue, LLC in Sale to OpenTable, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents Lexmark Carpet Mills in Sale to H.I.G. Capital
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents The Dixie Group in Acquisition of Robertex Associates, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Acquisition of Rose City Printing and Packaging, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Two Acquisitions
- Seven Miller & Martin Attorneys Named "Lawyer Of The Year" by The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 Edition
- 49 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 Edition
Ansley serves as a National Park Volunteer providing tours of local battlefields.