Bobby Dann concentrates his practice on commercial real estate, commercial finance and troubled assets. From 1981 to 1995, he served as in-house investment counsel to a group of insurance companies in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, focusing on commercial real estate development, management and lending. He also served as lender’s counsel in the sales of mortgage pools, the acquisition and syndication of retirement facilities, and in workouts, foreclosures and interim operations of troubled assets, including hotels, apartment complexes and nursing homes. Bobby’s clients benefit from the value of his broad experience, his ability to anticipate and resolve problems, and his responsiveness to their needs.
Since 1998, he has been a partner with Miller & Martin, continuing his focus on commercial real estate financing, including representation of developers, institutional and private lenders. He has served as chair of Miller & Martin’s Commercial Department, its Real Estate Group and its Commercial Finance Group.
From 1996 through 1998, he owned and operated a title insurance agency in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Has separately represented lenders and borrowers in numerous transactions involving properties across the nation, including power plants, mixed use developments, office buildings, retail centers, nursing centers, hotels, apartment complexes, single family developments.
- J.D., Wake Forest School of Law, 1981
- B.A., Georgia Southern College, 1976
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Real Estate Law since 2013
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Kiwanis Club of Chattanooga
- Boy Scouts
- Lookout Mountain Conservancy
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Edition
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- Miller Martin Attorneys Represent Nelbud Services in Acquisition of 360 Services
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents The Dixie Group in Acquisition of Atlas Carpet Mills
- Miller & Martin Represents Dewberry Capital
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents The Dixie Group in Acquisition of Robertex Associates, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma Group in Acquisition of Metrics, Inc.
- 49 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 Edition
Bobby Dann is involved in his community, currently spearheading his local Kiwanis Club in efforts to build playgrounds at underserved public schools and recreation centers.