Don uses his experiences as a banker and as a CEO of a manufacturing business in providing a broad range of services to his clients, which include banks, investment banks, corporations and real estate companies. He represents banks in commercial and real estate loans. He has experience in representing underwriters and other parties involved in tax-exempt securities transactions. He represents closely held businesses in mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters. His real estate experience includes purchases and sales, financing, leasing and development issues, as well as procuring incentives for development projects. He seeks to be a trusted advisor to his clients in addition to being an accomplished transactional lawyer.
- Represented Agent in syndicated line of credit and term loan facilities totaling $400 million to borrower engaged in real estate development, timber and minerals business with operations in the South, Midwest and Southwest.
- Represented Agent in syndicated term loan facility of $70 million to energy-infrastructure REIT secured by liquids gathering system.
- Represented Agent in syndicated revolving audit facility of $20 million to energy related REIT.
- Represented Issuing Bank in $13 million letter of credit facility to operator of assisted living facilities.
- Represented Borrower client, a timber REIT, in $218 million revolving credit, term loan and multi-draw term loan facility from syndicate of lenders.
- Represented Agent in $100 million syndicated revolving credit and $25 million term loan facility to developer of planned community in Colorado.
- Represented Agent in $300 million secured term loan facility to developer of residential resort properties.
- Represented Agent in $50 million syndicated term loan facility to operator of in-home nursing business.
- Represented Borrower client, a franchisee of Taco Bell, in secured loan to finance Taco Bell locations.
- Represented purchaser of two groups of Applebee's restaurants in connection with purchase of restaurants and financing of purchase.
- Represented purchaser of 35 Burger King restaurants.
- Represented Bank in connection with $100 million acquisition and development loan for six off-campus housing facilities.
- Represented South Carolina bank holding company in going-private transaction.
- Represented underwriter in offering of $33 million of the exempt bonds by utility company
- Represented letter of credit issuer and remarketing agent in connection with substitution of credit enhancement for two outstanding municipal bonds
- Represented purchaser of Walmart-anchored shopping center in North Carolina
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 1980
- Order of the Coif
- Georgia Law Review
- B.S., with Distinction, Commerce, University of Virginia, 1974
- North Carolina
- The Best Lawyers In America© - Mergers and Acquisition Law since 2005
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce – Infrastructure Council
- State Bar of Georgia – UCC Committee
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- All Saints Episcopal Church
- Atlanta Kiwanis Club