Jim Tramonte concentrates his practice in the area of business law with special emphasis on tax and business planning involving corporations, partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability companies.
Mr. Tramonte advises businesses in all stages of growth, including negotiation of mergers and acquisitions, forming partnerships, starting up new divisions and opening new locations, identifying sources and negotiating financing agreements, structuring executive incentive compensation arrangements, and disposing of or closing troubled or unwanted businesses. He also has provided tax planning and counsel in connection with the global expansion of client businesses.
He counsels closely held businesses and high net worth individuals on asset protection, wealth preservation, succession planning and income and estate/gift tax planning.
He has previously served as General Counsel of a $200 million healthcare service provider and as Chief Legal Officer of its $40 million public company spin-off. Mr. Tramonte then served as General Counsel of a premier home service provider making acquisitions that resulted in revenue growth from $22 million to $85 million. He was then promoted to Executive Vice President with executive operational responsibilities. This experience enables Mr. Tramonte to advise the firm's clients with the perspective of an executive decision maker and has resulted in his reputation for taking a practical and astute approach to balancing business opportunities with legal risks.
- L.L.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1977
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, 1976
- B.S., Accounting, University of New Orleans, 1973
- U.S. Tax Court
- Certified Public Accountant (currently inactive)
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite, 2009, 2011-2016
- Georgia Super Lawyers®, 2007-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell® - AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- State Bar of Georgia, Tax Section
- Georgia Limited Liability Act Drafting Committee - Former Member
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- International Fiscal Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- The ESOP Association, Georgia Chapter - Charter President
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta - Permanent Deacon
- Miller & Martin Leads Negotiations for Former Shareholders of Stability Biologics LLC (f/k/a Stability Inc.) to Acquire the Business from MiMedx Group, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers
- 6 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2015 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents Buyers Protection Group in Sale to Fidelity National Financial
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Georgia Super Lawyers® 2015
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Acquisition & U.S. Private Offering
- 14 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2014 Georgia Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- Miller & Martin Represents AVID Design in its Sale to Myelin Health
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Transactions with HedgePath Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Fifteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Included in 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Represents Integrity Nutraceuticals in its Recapitalization by H.I.G. Growth Partners
- Twelve Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma Group in Acquisition of Libertas Pharma Inc.
- 2013 Georgia Super Lawyers Includes 11 Miller & Martin Attorneys
- Ten Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2012 Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma Group in Acquisition of Metrics, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents TCI Contracting in Merger with Installed Building Products
- 2012 Georgia Super Lawyers® Includes 10 Miller & Martin Attorneys