Matt Jannerbo, Chair of the firm’s Emerging Business Group, focuses his practice on start-up and emerging companies, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions and general business representation. Mr. Jannerbo advises clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions of middle-market companies on a nationwide basis. He represents both buyers and sellers in transactions generally ranging in size from $5 million to $50 million and works with financial buyer clients as well as individuals who are buying or selling a business for the first time.
Mr. Jannerbo also advises companies raising capital by way of private securities offerings and venture capital financings. He has assisted companies in a number of industries which include: software applications, software services, gaming, social media, banking, furniture, restaurants, biodiesel technology, environmental clean-up technology, information technology and real estate. Mr. Jannerbo has also assisted a number of private equity funds, hedge funds and investment partnerships with respect to their private capital raising efforts.
- L.L.M., Tax Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 1999
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, 1996
- Research Editor, Tennessee Law Review's editorial board
- B.A., University of Tennessee, 1993
- Law Clerk of the Honorable William M. Barker, Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Mergers & Acquisitions Law since 2013
- The Company Lab (CO.LAB) - Board of Directors
- Chattanooga Public Market, Inc. - Board of Directors
- Causeway, Inc. - Board of Directors
- Miller & Martin Represents Brännland Cider AB in Trademarking Specialty Swedish Hard Ciders
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Edition
- Matt Jannerbo Selected as a Judge in the "Will this Float?" Business Pitch Competition
- Miller & Martin Advises on Startup Company Growth and Success
- Miller & Martin Played Significant Role in Elevating the Chattanooga Entrepreneurial Community
- Matt Jannerbo, Elected as Member of the 2015-2016 CO.LAB Board
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- 49 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 Edition
A native of Sweden, Mr. Jannerbo works with a number of Swedish, Norwegian and Finnish companies with respect to their business activities in the United States. He is fluent in Swedish.