Mitch practices within the firm's Corporate Department, working on general corporate and securities issues, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and matters involving start up and emerging companies. Mitch has worked with clients across a wide range of industries, developing a reputation for understanding and responding to complex issues quickly.
Mitch received a B.B.A., magna cum laude, in Finance from the University of Georgia. While studying for his J.D. at Duke University School of Law, he served as Senior Staff Editor of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law and Public Policy.
- Represented an international precious metals recovery company in the extension and restatement of a $100 million syndicated credit facility.
Mergers & Acquisitions/Divestitures
- Represented a public medical testing company in its tender offer acquisition of another testing company for $80 million. Served as sole junior associate with primary responsibility for portions of the Offer to Purchase.
- Represented a national truck dealer in a sale of a majority of its equity to a private equity fund for $130 million. Served as lead associate on state licensing and restructuring, with primary responsibility for drafting operating agreements and conversion documents for client entities.
- Represented a community bank in a sale of its stock to a national bank for $27 million. Served as sole associate and primary client contact; successfully coordinated closing.
- Represented an automotive parts importer in a sale of its assets to a leading international parts retailer for $21 million. Served as sole associate on transaction.
- Represented a national distributor of laminate products in a sale of its stock to the leading manufacturer of laminate for $18 million.
- Represented a private equity buyer in the acquisition of an educational software company. Served as sole associate on the transaction; completed all diligence and drafted all ancillary documents.
- Represented an over-the-counter medicine manufacturer in the sale of its stock to a national healthcare firm.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2015
- B.B.A., magna cum laude, Finance University of Georgia Terry College of Business, 2012
State Bar of GeorgiaCommunity
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Saturday Lawyer Program - Volunteer
Mitch loves boating, the occasional pickup basketball game and Duke basketball!