Nathan Hertzog counsels clients in their private equity transactions, including fund formations, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, venture capital investments and private placements of securities. Nathan also assists start-up and emerging companies with angel and growth stage fundraising and provides general corporate and business advice.
- Works closely with senior partners assisting clients with lower-middle market buy and sell-side M&A transactions, representing aggregate enterprise value over $500 million to date.
- Represents venture capital funds, angel funds and startup companies with venture and growth investments, including preferred stock offerings, convertible note offerings, SAFEs and equity lines of credit.
- Assists institutional limited partner client with private portfolio investments in private equity funds, co-investment opportunities and founding sponsorships.
- J.D., cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2013
- Editor, Review of Banking & Financial Law
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- A.B./M.P.A., magna cum laude, University of Georgia, 2009
- Master of Public Administration
- AB International Affairs
- Charter Scholarship Recipient
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2016-2017
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Nineteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Selected as 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Represent PlayCore in Sale to Sentinel Capital Investment
- Miller & Martin Represents Heritage Funeral Homes, L.P. in Sale to Carriage Funeral Holdings, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Adds Three New Associates
Nathan enjoys trail running and has competed in Chattanooga’s Rock Creek and Wild Trails race series.