Neil Brunetz’s background in soccer and his experience as a chaperone for dozens of college students traveling in foreign countries provides insight into his ability to deal with and resolve issues for a myriad of companies related to litigation, workplace safety and a variety of other issues. Neil takes time to help clients work through and resolve even the most complex and challenging issues. His study of international relations and game theory is frequently used in negotiating on behalf of his clients and often an excuse to chaperone his alma mater’s soccer team overseas.
- Represented national bridge and highway construction contractor in OSHA enforcement action related to multiple fall fatalities at an interstate highway bridge construction site. Managed all OSHA investigation and enforcement aspects of this matter and negotiated favorable OSHA settlement.
- Represented regional industrial contracting company in connection with employee fatality at multi-employer manufacturing worksite. Assisted client with emergency response to fatality, interacted with medical examiner, and managed client's OSHA fatality investigation including disputed cause of death, insurance claims, citation matters and sensitive interactions with other employer parties.
- Represented regional bridge contractor in connection with employee fatality caused by collapse of crane apparatus during interstate construction project. Assisted client with emergency response, interaction with Department of Transportation, insurance matters and OSHA investigation.
- Represented regional highway and bridge construction company in MSHA enforcement matter at a regulated mine site. Negotiated complete elimination of significant and substantial "S&S" gravity citations, resulting in a nominal penalty.
- Obtained $7.2 million jury verdict for Plaintiff who sustained spinal cord injury from participating in fraternity sponsored slip-n-slide recruitment event.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, 2001
- Managing Editor, Transactions Business Law Journal
- B.A., Rhodes College, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Rule 31 Mediator
- Federal Bar Association, Chattanooga Chapter recipient of the Chapter Service Award, 2016
- Tennessee Bar Association - Leadership Law, Class of 2014
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2010-2014
- Martindale-Hubbell® - BV Distinguished® Peer Review Rated
- American Inns of Court
- Chattanooga Bar Association – Past Board Member
- Federal Bar Association, Chattanooga Chapter – Past President
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Lookout Mountain Bar Association
- Chattanooga Football Club
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Recognized by the Federal Bar Association, Chattanooga Chapter
- Neil Brunetz Receives Chapter Service of the Year Award
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Mid-South Super Lawyers® 2014
- Neil Brunetz Selected for 2014 Leadership Law Program
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2012 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Fraternity Injury Verdict $7.2 Million
- Litigator Making the Most in Chattanooga, Hamilton County Herald
From his office Neil can see two mountains and a minor basilica.