Pat Murphy concentrates in the areas of mezzanine finance and debt financing related to mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Murphy represents finance companies, lending institutions, investment funds and private equity funds throughout the Southeast. His primary focus is on transactions involving senior and subordinated debt components. The transactions typically involve loans, debt with warrants and a multi-array of intercreditor relationships relating to a variety of business types and industries. Mr. Murphy also represents several privately owned and family owned businesses.
Prior to attending law school, Pat served as a certified public accountant with the accounting firm of Ernst & Whinney. Mr. Murphy now serves as Chairman of the firm's Corporate Department.
- J.D., with Honors, University of Tennessee College of Law, 1988
- National Tax Moot Court Team
- B.S., magna cum laude, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1983
- Alpha Society
- Recipient of Dayle May Award
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law since 2005
- Best Lawyers in America© “Lawyer of the Year” - Banking and Finance Law since 2016
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Rotary Club of Chattanooga
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga - Sports Hall of Fame Committee
- 56 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Edition
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- Eight Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® "Lawyers of the Year" for 2016
- Miller & Martin Team Completes Transaction of Chartwell Investments in the Acquisition of Easton Hockey
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- Miller & Martin Appoints Co-Chairs for Firm
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Acquisition of Rose City Printing and Packaging, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Two Acquisitions
- 49 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 Edition