Roddy Bailey does deals. Roddy’s practice focuses on transactions and the activities that happen before and after the transaction. Roddy practices in the business transactions group, with an emphasis in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and securities. Mr. Bailey advises investment funds and companies in capital investment transactions, including venture capital financing and placements of debt securities. Mr. Bailey also advises clients on the formation of investment funds, including venture capital and buyout investment funds. Related to this practice, Mr. Bailey counsels clients on general corporate matters.
Mr. Bailey's experience includes representation of both issuers and investors at every stage of the capital raising process, including the angel, growth and late stage levels. Mr. Bailey assisted a technology company raise late stage venture capital as a prelude to an initial public offering. He has also assisted a software technology company in obtaining multiple rounds of venture capital funding to promote growth and sales and marketing expansion. Mr. Bailey served as counsel to a logistics-focused venture capital fund, as well as a network of angel investors in the southeastern United States.
Mr. Bailey also provides general corporate advice on a wide variety of issues, including joint ventures, technology licenses and other commercial contracts.
- Sale of an engineering services company backed by private equity fund to strategic acquirer.
- Represent institutional investor in connection with equity investment in a specialty plastics company.
- Represent publicly traded bank in connection with strategic merger with privately held bank.
- Represent private equity fund in connection with sale of portfolio company specializing in revenue cycle enhancement.
- Represent sponsor in connection with formation of specialty investment fund and related emerging markets investment fund.
- Sales of Series A Preferred Stock by specialty wireless router company.
- Sale of Series A Preferred Stock by outdoor content company.
- Represent institutional equity investor in connection with sponsor purchase of nationally branded hotel in Hawaii.
- Represent institutional investor in connection with purchase of commercial agriculture operations in Australia.
- Represent specialty printing and manufacturing company in connection with general corporate activities, including purchase agreements, license agreements and related matters.
- J.D., Syracuse University, 1996
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1993
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Mergers & Acquisitions Law since 2013
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2006-2010
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Edition
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents Cornerstone Bancshares in Transaction
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Two Acquisitions
- 49 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2013 Edition
Roddy enjoys college sports and loves dogs, especially Labrador Retrievers.