Scott Parrish concentrates his practice on civil litigation, including the areas of commercial, corporate, securities, trade secrets, product liability, personal injury defense and class action litigation. He provides general risk and litigation management assistance for a number of companies. He has substantial experience representing clients in federal and state court, mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Mr. Parrish serves as the Chair of the firm's Trade Secrets & Non-Compete Litigation Group. He also is a member of the firm's Policy Committee.
- Extensive work with various manufacturing companies providing both individual case litigation services as well as day-to-day risk management services.
- Extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts dealing with business and commercial disputes in multiple states.
- Routinely handles matters defending clients’ trade secrets and other proprietary information.
- Routinely assists clients in pursuing and defending contractual rights as a result of the purchase and sale of a business.
- Represented a publicly traded consumer products company as part of a team defending hundreds of pharmaceutical products liability cases filed in multiple state and federal jurisdictions, including two multi-district litigation proceedings: In Re Phenylpropanolamine ("PPA") Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1407 (W.D. Wa.); In Re: Ephedra Litigation, MDL No. 1598 (S.D. N.Y.).
- Lead trial counsel in large commercial case tried to successful judgment involving land use restrictions, zoning and urban development plan paving way for national grocery store chain's entry into Chattanooga market.
- Successfully represented client in trademark infringement claim.
- Successfully represented large commercial developer in multi-million dollar environmental contamination case.
- Successfully argued regulation of media content/free press case dealing with large scale crematory failure: State v. Marsh, 30 Med. L. Rptr. 1505 (2002).
- Representation of large textile manufacturer in trade secrets case involving millions of dollars of alleged damages resulting in successful result for client.
- Successfully represented numerous businesses involving repurchase/buy-out of non-majority member/shareholder ownership interests.
- Representation of a national retailer involving various business and tort disputes in state and federal courts in Georgia and Tennessee.
- Handled multiple intellectual property disputes for various businesses.
- Assisted governmental entity in federal court defending changes to a subsidized pension plan.
- Represented numerous companies and individuals defending personal injury claims.
- Routinely assist representative clients with drafting, interpreting and litigating non-competition provisions and restrictive covenants against both former employees and owners.
- Routinely assist representative clients with the negotiation, drafting interpretation and litigation of insurance policy language and coverage issues.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia, 1990
- B.S., magna cum laude, Shorter University, 1987
- Recipient, Ledbetter Scholarship
- Member, Academic All American Baseball Team, 1986-1987
- Member, All American Baseball Team, 1986-1987
- Selected in 1987 Major League Baseball Draft (Houston Astros)
- American Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Chambliss Center for Children, Annual Golf Tournament - Board Member
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Sport Surface Specialties
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Alta Enterprises
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Playcraft Systems
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Worlds of Wow
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of APC Brands
- City of Chattanooga Pension Reform Ruled Constitutional
- Miller & Martin Represents Playcore in Acquisition of Architectural Structure Producing Porter Corporation
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Aquatic Division Expansion with Knorr Systems Acquisition
- Miller & Martin Represents Playcore in the Acquisition of Freenotes Harmony Park
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Represent PlayCore in Sale to Sentinel Capital Investment
- Scott Parrish Named to Miller & Martin
- Miller & Martin Advises Burner Systems International, Inc. in the Sale of its Stock to an Affiliate of Aterian Investment Partners
Scott was inducted into the Shorter University Athletic Hall of Fame in 2013.