After spending more than ten years as President and CEO of a ventured backed technology company, T. J. Gentle returned to Miller & Martin's Corporate Department. His experience co-founding several technology start-ups, managing high growth companies, raising venture capital, recruiting and hiring talented developers, and working with professional investors and boards of directors enables T. J. to bring a practical, common sense approach to advising business owners and entrepreneurs.
T. J. is passionate about business and loves working with smart people to solve complicated problems. He advises clients in general business matters, raising venture capital and related financing, buying and selling businesses (mergers & acquisitions), structuring strategic alliances and joint ventures, and protecting and licensing intellectual property.
- Smart Furniture, Inc. CEO & President and Board of Directors
- Delegator.com Co-Founder and Board Member
- PriceWaiter.com Co-Founder and Board Member
- J.D., cum laude, University of Tennessee School of Law, 2000
- Law Review Editorial Board
- B.S., magna cum laude, Political Science, Middle Tennessee State University, 1997
- Scholarship athlete, linebacker for the Blue Raiders
- Strategic Marketing, University of Michigan Ross School of Business Executive Education
- Business Forward, White House Small Business Council
- Retail TouchPoints, Ecommerce - Advisory Board, 2014-Present
- Total Retail, Multi-Channel Retail - Advisory Board, 2015-Present
- American Bar Association, Section of Science & Technology Law - Big Data Committee
- T. J. has also served as a board member, advisor and mentor for several entrepreneurial companies in Chattanooga and has served on the board of directors for numerous community and non-profit organizations, including the Business Forward Business Advisory Council in Washington D.C. where he consulted with Senior White House officials regarding small business policy matters.
- Co.Lab. - Business Mentor
T. J. once sat next to Jennifer Lawrence on a four hour flight across the country. Unfortunately, he did not realize his traveling companion was the Oscar Award winning actress until over an hour into the trip.