Tyler Hand practices business law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, securities and general business representation. Tyler has extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and other business transactions across a broad range of industries. An integral part of Tyler’s practice involves serving as outside general counsel to numerous private and family-owned businesses.
Tyler also assists clients with the formation of hedge funds and private equity and venture capital funds, as well as advises fund managers and investment advisors on all matters relating to the regulation and investment activities thereof.
Capitalizing on his tax background and experience, Tyler advises clients on state and federal tax matters. Tyler also has significant experience representing tax-exempt organizations in federal and state qualification and operational matters.
- Represented an acquirer in the acquisition of a division of a national windows and door manufacturer at a transaction value of approximately $10 million.
- Represented a skilled nursing facility in the disposition of six nursing homes located in three different states for $30 million.
- Represented a manufacturer of seamless metal bellows in an add-on acquisition and in the later sale of the entire business to a private equity-supported industry purchaser for a transaction value of approximately $25 million.
- Represented a purchaser in the acquisition of a flat rolled metals toll processor and transportation and logistics supply chain business for the automobile industry, together with related credit agreements and a sale/leaseback of real property in a transaction of approximately $35 million.
- Represent a diagnostic imaging business in the sale of its facilities located in Ohio.
- Represent a start-up company offering guest/customer management system services to restaurants in the sale to a leading national company with a transaction value of approximately $13 million.
- Represented a behavioral health business in separate transactions involving the sale of facilities in Riverside, California and Sacramento, California.
- LL.M. taxation, Northwestern University School of Law, 2004
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, 2003
- Executive Editor, American Journal of Trial Advocacy
- Scholar of Merit, Business Planning
- M.B.A., Samford University, 2003
- B.S., Samford University, 1999
- U.S. Tax Court
- Chattanooga Tax Practitioners - President, 2015-2016
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Miller & Martin Represents Prime Window Systems, LLC in the Purchase of Atrium Corporation's Western Division of Window and Door Facilities
- Miller & Martin Represents Quickcue, LLC in Sale to OpenTable, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents The Dixie Group in Acquisition of Robertex Associates, Inc.
- Six Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Members
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Two Acquisitions
Tyler enjoys road and off-road cycling, and has competed in several triathlons, duathlons and long distance cycling events.