Billy Eiselstein co-chairs the firm’s Privacy & Data Security Group and represents business clients in a wide range of disputes, including cases of alleged fraud, breach of contract, intellectual property rights and insurance coverage. He litigates in federal and state courts and has tried both jury and bench trials to judgment. He served as vice-chair of the firm’s Litigation Department with responsibility for Atlanta and, since 2010, has been the firm’s General Counsel.
- Defended manufacturers and service companies in cases alleging misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Prosecuted and defended cases of trademark infringement and false advertising.
- Represented manufacturer in patent infringement proceedings before the International Trade Commission.
- Coordinated responses to investigations by state attorneys’ general into violations of Blue-Sky laws and unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Obtained arbitration award for minority investor in closely held company and recovered judgment through subsequent fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Obtained jury verdict for financial institution in fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Represented distributor in recovering, under global-all risk property policy, losses resulting from product recall. Losses for product and business interruption totaled more than $100 million.
- Obtained summary judgment for consumer products company in suit by distributor challenging termination.
- Represented attorney in disciplinary proceedings, from initial administrative hearing through appeal to state supreme court.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Tennessee College of Law, 1995
- B.A., with highest honors, Emory University, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth, Eighth and Eleventh Circuits
- All Trial and Appellate Courts in Tennessee
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® - Peer Review Rated
- Georgia Trend Magazine, Rising Star, 2006
- Georgia Trend Magazine, Legal Elite, 2011
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- State Bar of Georgia, Litigation and Professional Liability Sections
- American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Inman Park Neighborhood Association
- Lawyers’ Club of Atlanta
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Alumni Counsel
Billy thinks he’s a good cook and enjoys the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.