Miller & Martin Hosts "Consular Conversations" Luncheon and Interview with the United Kingdom Consul General
August 20, 2018
"Consular Conversations" is a series of monthly interviews with Atlanta’s diplomats hosted by Miller & Martin in our Atlanta office. The objective of this luncheon series is to raise the Consuls' profile and help Atlantans better understand global countries for the purposes of business cultural exchange.
On August 22, the Global Atlanta editorial team will be interviewing the newly arrived Consul General of the United Kingdom, Mr. Andrew Staunton.
Topics of discussion:
- Mr. Staunton’s diplomatic career
- Objectives for his tenure
- Brexit update and Mr. Staunton’s view on European unity
- British investment in Georgia and the South
- Trade issues and the effect of protectionism on UK-US ties
- Fintech collaboration with Atlanta — P20, etc.
- Catered light lunch with soft drinks
- One-on-one conversation with the Global Atlanta editorial team, followed by moderated audience Q&A
- Discussion covered by Global Atlanta and published in a later article
To read summaries of previous “Consular Conversations” in the series, which includes Consul Generals in Atlanta from Japan, Switzerland, the U.K., Ireland, Mexico, India, France, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Israel and Peru, please click here.
2018-08-20 12:00:00 2018-08-20 13:00:00 America/Indiana/Indianapolis Miller & Martin Hosts "Consular Conversations" Luncheon and Interview with the United Kingdom Consul General