Miller & Martin’s Healthcare Litigation team strives to recommend cost-effective and practical litigation strategies that take into account both the merits of substantive legal issues and client’s commercial priorities to achieve a successful outcome consistent with the client’s business goals.
Our Healthcare Litigation Group is comprised of highly experienced and tested litigators who provide comprehensive representation to a wide variety of healthcare entities. The skills of Miller & Martin’s trial attorneys, combined with the firm’s well-rounded and in-depth knowledge of healthcare law, advances the goal of moving cases toward a successful outcome.
The healthcare litigation team has represented various healthcare entities and industry partners in a wide variety of cases, including tort claims, complex business and contract disputes, managed care disputes, antitrust claims, administrative litigation, non-compete litigation, medical staff representation, nursing home failure of care violations, healthcare fraud defense, Stark claims, False Claims Act cases and white collar defense, intellectual property and false advertising litigation, leasing disputes, class actions and insurance coverage for claims.
- Defended as co-counsel the largest qui tam pending in the United States against a skilled nursing facility provider in the Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Defended Private Act Hospital in grand jury, joint criminal and civil investigation into improper expenses claimed on cost reports and alteration of cost reports and non-reimbursable cost centers. Grand Jury was convened in the Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Represented several Private Act Hospitals in national pneumonia investigations involving DRGs 79 and 89 in the Eastern and Western Districts of Tennessee.
- Represented Private Act Hospital in FCA investigation relating to ALS and BLS ambulance billings in the Western District of Tennessee.
- Represented local behavioral health provider in FCA qui tam litigation in Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Represented large outpatient therapy chain in FCA action in the Eastern District of Tennessee.
- Represented local hospital CEO in connection with Stark investigation of Chattanooga hospital.
- Representing individual officers and managers of a company in connection with investigation by OIG and federal executive agency.
- Represented DME provider in joint criminal and civil investigation into improper DME billings in the Northern District of Georgia.
- 7 Chattanooga Miller & Martin Attorneys Awarded Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" 2021 Edition
- Attorneys Archibald, Dumitru, Madison Elected as Members of Miller & Martin Law Firm
- 7 Chattanooga Miller & Martin Attorneys Awarded Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" 2019 Edition
- Parsley Appointed Tennessee Bar Examiner and Named Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Miller & Martin Attorney Graduates from 2015 Tennessee Bar Association's Leadership Law Program