Donald J. Aho
Office: 423.785.8239 | Fax: 423.321.1639
Don Aho practices in the area of litigation with an emphasis on business and banking litigation, securities-related litigation, professional liability, healthcare, insurance, arbitration and mediation.
With more than 30 years of experience in these areas, Mr. Aho is able to provide clients with guidance to assist them in avoiding disputes, to use creative alternative dispute resolution techniques to settle the disputes or litigate them to a successful conclusion. Mr. Aho routinely represents clients with disputes pending before the federal and state courts, arbitration forums, administrative agencies and self-regulatory bodies.
Mr. Aho is a member of the Governor’s Council for Judicial Appointments as appointed by Tennessee Governor Bill Lee in 2020. The Council is responsible for making recommendations to Governor Lee concerning candidates to fill vacancies in the Tennessee Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals, the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, and the Claims Commission.
- J.D., Wayne State University, 1983
- B.S., Northern Michigan University, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Eleventh Circuits
- Law Clerk to U.S. District Judge R. Allan Edgar, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee (1985-86)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® - Bet-the-Company and Business Litigation, since 2006
- The Best Lawyers In America© - Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Litigation-Securities, since 2005
- Tennessee Supreme Court - Certified Mediator and Member of the Mediation Panel of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Martindale-Hubbell® - AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- American Arbitration Association - Arbitration Panels Member
- Board of Professional Responsibility, by appointment of the Tennessee Supreme Court - Hearing Committee Member
- Tennessee Bar Association - Local Rules of Federal Court Committee Member, appointed by the President of the Tennessee Bar Association and responsible for drafting and proposing uniform rules of practice for the federal district courts of Tennessee
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee - Courtroom Technology Committee Member and Local Rules Committee Member
- American Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association - Sixth Circuit Vice President
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Governor's Council for Judicial Appointments - Member Appointed by Tennessee Governor Bill Lee, 2020-2021
- The Council is responsible for making recommendations to Governor Lee concerning candidates to fill vacancies in the Tennessee Supreme Court, the Court of Appeals, the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board, and the Claims Commission.
- A.I.M. Center, Board of Directors - Former Member
- City of Chattanooga's Taxi Board - Former Member and Chairperson
- 17 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers® List
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition
- Attorney Don Aho Appointed to Tennessee Governor’s Council for Judicial Appointments
- 15 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists Show more