Jim Tramonte limits his practice to counseling closely held businesses and high net worth individuals on asset protection, wealth preservation, succession planning and income and estate/gift tax planning.
He has previously served as General Counsel of a $200 million healthcare service provider and as Chief Legal Officer of its $40 million public company spin-off. Mr. Tramonte then served as General Counsel of a premier home service provider making acquisitions that resulted in revenue growth from $22 million to $85 million. He was then promoted to Executive Vice President with executive operational responsibilities. This experience enables Mr. Tramonte to advise the firm's clients with the perspective of an executive decision maker and has resulted in his reputation for taking a practical and astute approach to balancing business opportunities with legal risks.
- L.L.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1977
- J.D., Tulane University School of Law, 1976
- B.S., Accounting, University of New Orleans, 1973
- U.S. Tax Court
- Certified Public Accountant (currently inactive)
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite, 2009, 2011-2018
- Georgia Super Lawyers®, 2007-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell® - AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- State Bar of Georgia, Tax Section
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Atlanta - Permanent Deacon
- Nine Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2018 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents USATestprep in Sale to Serent Capital
- Miller & Martin Represents Zenith LaborNet in Merger with Nth Degree
- Nine Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Leads Negotiations for Former Shareholders of Stability Biologics LLC (f/k/a Stability Inc.) to Acquire the Business from MiMedx Group, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers
- 6 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2015 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents Buyers Protection Group in Sale to Fidelity National Financial
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Georgia Super Lawyers® 2015
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Acquisition & U.S. Private Offering
- 14 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2014 Georgia Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- Miller & Martin Represents AVID Design in its Sale to Myelin Health
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Transactions with HedgePath Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Fifteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Included in 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Represents Integrity Nutraceuticals in its Recapitalization by H.I.G. Growth Partners
- Twelve Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma Group in Acquisition of Libertas Pharma Inc.
- 2013 Georgia Super Lawyers Includes 11 Miller & Martin Attorneys