Mike Dumitru is a commercial litigator who represents a vast array of clients, from large corporations to local businesses and individuals. Mr. Dumitru recognizes the often-overlooked connection between litigation strategy and business decisions, and works closely with his clients to ensure that the two are properly aligned. Over the course of his career, Mr. Dumitru has represented health care providers in government investigations and disputes with payors and has litigated complex commercial cases, contract disputes, claims between members of closely held companies, lawsuits involving public utility companies, construction disputes, and adversary proceedings in bankruptcy.
- Actively represents national wireless service provider in state court actions in Tennessee. These matters involve a wide range of issues ranging from simple breach of contract claims to claims under state and federal statutes.
- Actively represents major life, health and disability insurers in state and federal courts in Tennessee under ERISA and non-ERISA group plans.
- Represented FDIC as receiver of failed financial institutions, as part of a team conducting professional liability investigations and prosecuting D&O lawsuits.
- J.D., Vanderbilt Law School, 2011
- M.S., with Honors, Global Studies, New York University, 2006
- B.A., with Honors, Political Science, Fordham University, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Western, Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Stars - Business Litigation, since 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Commercial Litigation, since 2022
- Tennessee Bar Examiner
- Appointed by Tennessee Supreme Court as one of 12 examiners for Tennessee bar exam - 2020-present
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Leadership Chattanooga – Graduate, Class of 2013
- Young Professionals Association of Chattanooga (“YPAC”) – Board Member, 2013-2014
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers® List
- 15 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Hamilton County Herald Features Commercial Litigator Michael Dumitru
- Attorney Michael Dumitru Appointed as Tennessee Bar Examiner
- 15 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists Show more
Mike is the first member of his family born in the United States.