William P. Eiselstein
Office: 404.962.6446 | Fax: 404.962.6346
Billy Eiselstein is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation Practice Group and co-chairs the firm’s Privacy & Data Security Group. He represents business clients in a wide range of disputes, including cases of alleged fraud, breach of contract, intellectual property rights and insurance coverage, and advises on issues of data security and cyber-insurance coverage. He litigates in federal and state courts and has tried both jury and bench trials to judgment.
He has served as Miller & Martin's General Counsel since 2010 and was previously vice-chair of the firm’s Litigation Department with responsibility for Atlanta.
- Conducted an independent investigation for a world-wide evangelical ministry into allegations of sexual misconduct by the organization’s late leader.
- Defended manufacturers and service companies in cases alleging misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Prosecuted and defended cases of trademark infringement and false advertising.
- Represented manufacturer in patent infringement proceedings before the International Trade Commission.
- Coordinated responses to investigations by state attorneys’ general into violations of Blue-Sky laws and unfair and deceptive trade practices.
- Obtained arbitration award for minority investor in closely held company and recovered judgment through subsequent fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Obtained jury verdict for financial institution in fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Represented distributor in recovering, under global-all risk property policy, losses resulting from product recall. Losses for product and business interruption totaled more than $100 million.
- Obtained summary judgment for consumer products company in suit by distributor challenging termination.
- Represented attorney in disciplinary proceedings, from initial administrative hearing through appeal to state supreme court.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Tennessee College of Law, 1995
- B.A., with highest honors, Emory University, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth, Eighth and Eleventh Circuits
- All Trial and Appellate Courts in Tennessee
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV® - Peer Review Rated
- Georgia Trend Magazine, Rising Star, 2006
- Georgia Trend Magazine, Legal Elite, 2011
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- State Bar of Georgia, Litigation and Professional Liability Sections
- American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Mary Lin Education Foundation, Board Member
- Lawyers’ Club of Atlanta
- Inman Park Neighborhood Association
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Alumni Council
- Miller & Martin Leads Negotiations for Former Shareholders of Stability Biologics LLC (f/k/a Stability Inc.) to Acquire the Business from MiMedx Group, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Acquisition & U.S. Private Offering
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Transactions with HedgePath Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Billy thinks he’s a good cook and enjoys the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.