David Dietrichs is an attorney in our Corporate Department and focuses his practice on government affairs, economic development projects, tax incentive negotiations and general corporate matters. Leveraging his past experience as the Deputy Counsel for the Georgia Department of Economic Development and the Director of Legal Affairs and Compliance for the Technical College System of Georgia, he provides additional insight and value to any project, negotiation or matter involving state or local government in Georgia. Experienced in federal, state and local incentive and tax credit programs, he regularly advocates for and receives favorable public benefit packages that enable his clients to better allocate their financial resources. He is also a registered lobbyist and actively monitors state legislation and agency-level rule promulgation to ensure his clients’ priorities are protected.
Additionally, David maintains an active workforce practice in which he assists local governments in best managing limited federal, state and local resources to achieve measurable results. While working for Georgia’s Governor’s Office and the Georgia Department of Economic Development, he was the primary attorney responsible for creating and implementing Georgia’s current Workforce System under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2014. Now, he routinely assists clients in managing and resolving regulatory, compliance, governance, programmatic and data-related issues. Also, as Georgia’s former State-Level Equal Opportunity Officer, he is able to assist client with equal opportunity and nondiscrimination compliance matters.
- Technical College System of Georgia, Director of Legal Affairs and Compliance
- Georgia Department of Economic Development, Deputy Counsel
- Governor’s Office of Workforce Development
- J.D., Georgia State University, College of Law, 2014
- B.A., University of Alabama, Honors Program, 2010
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Fulton County Superior Court
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Economic Developers Association
- Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Economic Development Council
- Educated Workforce Council
- Southeastern Employment & Training Association
- Georgia Legislative Update - Weekly Highlights from the 2021 Session
- Governor Kemp Signs SB 359 Georgia COVID-19 Pandemic Business Safety Act Into Law
- Passage of Georgia COVID-19 Pandemic Business Safety Act Protects Businesses from Liability Claims
- Clarification Regarding Georgia Shelter In Place and Emergency Executive Orders by Governor Kemp
David loves good food and is always excited to visit Atlanta’s many great restaurants.