Laura Ketcham focuses her practice in the areas of bankruptcy and creditors' rights, commercial finance and providing general business counsel. She has represented various stakeholders in commercial bankruptcy cases across the country. She has also represented parties in a variety of finance transactions, loan workouts, foreclosures, receiverships, lien priority disputes, judgment enforcement actions, lawsuits asserting the breach of loan documents, distressed asset sales and preferential transfer cases.
- Serve as primary outside counsel for a global manufacturing company whose corporate headquarters is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Represent local and regional banks in bankruptcy, loan workout, foreclosure and litigation matters.
- Ten years’ experience serving as bankruptcy counsel for an international floorplan lender and a chemical manufacturing company.
- Represented a real estate company in over thirty retail bankruptcy cases.
- Completed secondees with two lending divisions of a Fortune 100 company.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2005
- B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science and Economics, Vanderbilt University, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2014-2016
- Leadership Chattanooga - Graduate, Class of 2012
- American Inns of Court, Justices Ray L. Brock Jr. and Robert E. Cooper Chapter - Former Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chattanooga Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section Executive Council
- American Heart Association, Chattanooga Chapter - Circle of Red
- Chattanooga Friends - Board of Directors
- Delta Delta Delta, Alumnae Association
- Junior League of Chattanooga - Board of Directors
- Leadership Chattanooga, Alumni Association
- Mars Hill Presbyterian Church - Clerk of Session
- Vanderbilt Alumni - Volunteer
In Laura’s free time, you can find her on the tennis court, cheering on her son at a baseball game or volunteering with the Junior League of Chattanooga.