After spending more than ten years as President and CEO of a ventured backed technology company, T. J. Gentle returned to Miller & Martin's Corporate Department. His experience co-founding several technology start-ups, managing high growth companies, raising venture capital, recruiting and hiring talented developers, and working with professional investors and boards of directors enables T. J. to bring a practical, common sense approach to advising business owners and entrepreneurs.
T. J. is passionate about business and loves working with smart people to solve complicated problems. He advises clients in general business matters, raising venture capital and related financing, buying and selling businesses (mergers & acquisitions), structuring strategic alliances and joint ventures, and protecting and licensing intellectual property. T. J. advises businesses developing blockchain technologies and involved in token sales and initial coin offerings (ICOs). T. J. also works with investment hedge funds specializing in cryptocurrency investments.
- Smart Furniture, Inc. CEO & President and Board of Directors
- Delegator.com Co-Founder and Board Member
- PriceWaiter.com Co-Founder and Board Member
- J.D., cum laude, University of Tennessee School of Law, 2000
- Law Review Editorial Board
- B.S., magna cum laude, Political Science, Middle Tennessee State University, 1997
- Scholarship athlete, linebacker for the Blue Raiders
- Strategic Marketing, University of Michigan Ross School of Business Executive Education
- American Bar Association, Section of Science & Technology Law - Big Data Committee
- Business Forward, White House Small Business Council
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Retail TouchPoints, Ecommerce - Advisory Board, 2014-Present
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Total Retail, Multi-Channel Retail - Advisory Board, 2015-Present
- T. J. has also served as a board member, advisor and mentor for several entrepreneurial companies in Chattanooga and has served on the board of directors for numerous community and non-profit organizations, including the Business Forward Business Advisory Council in Washington D.C. where he consulted with Senior White House officials regarding small business policy matters.
- The Company Lab (CO.LAB) - Business Mentor
- Edge Magazine Highlights Miller & Martin’s Work with Startups and Emerging Businesses
- Gentle Quoted on Blockchain Technology in Hamilton County Herald and Tennessee Ledger
- Gentle Elected as Member of the Firm
- Miller & Martin Represents US Floor, Inc. in Sale to Shaw Industries Group
- Miller & Martin represents American Trust Bank of East Tennessee in an Agreement to Merge with Citizens Bank
- Gentle Presents Crypto-Currencies 101 at Kiwanis Club of Chattanooga
- Gentle to Present at 2018 Tennessee Bar Association's Business Law Forum
- Forlidas to Speak at 2015 Internet Retailers Conference & Exhibition
- Charles Forlidas to Speak at the Internet Retailer Conference Exhibition
- We Did It! | Startup Week Chattanooga
T. J. once sat next to Jennifer Lawrence on a four hour flight across the country. Unfortunately, he did not realize his traveling companion was the Oscar Award winning actress until over an hour into the trip.