Megan A. Taylor focuses her practice in the areas of bankruptcy and creditors' rights, representing parties in a variety of finance transactions, loan workouts, foreclosures, lien priority disputes, judgment enforcement actions, actions asserting the breach of loan documents and preferential transfer cases. Ms. Taylor’s commercial practice also includes assisting real estate developers and companies in their commercial real estate matters, including leasing, acquisition and sales concerns. Her clients include a wide array of developers, owners and end-users of office, retail, industrial and multi-family properties from around the country.
In addition to commercial work, Ms. Taylor also represents clients in complex civil litigation in federal and state courts in Georgia and throughout the United States. She has represented clients in the airline, banking, building products, energy, credit reporting, healthcare and automotive industries, among others. Ms. Taylor has represented clients in a wide variety of subject areas, including contract litigation, intellectual property disputes, products liability matters, construction disputes, federal government indictments and False Claims Act investigations. Ms. Taylor has substantial experience in all phases of litigation, from cost-effective approaches to electronic discovery through motions practice, trial and appeal.
Prior to joining Miller & Martin, Ms. Taylor worked in the Atlanta office of Jones Day. Before entering the legal profession, Ms. Taylor was a Management Consultant for Accenture PLC in the Retail and Consumer Goods and Services practice industries.
- J.D., with Honors, Emory University School of Law, 2008
- Order of the Coif
- Robert W. Woodruff Scholar
- Notes and Comments Editor, Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal
- B.A., cum laude, University of Notre Dame, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Emory Robert W. Woodruff Scholar, 2005-2008
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Academy of Healthcare Attorneys
- State Bar of Georgia
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters - Big Sister
- CARE USA
- Notre Dame Club of Atlanta
- St. Jude the Apostle Catholic Church, Sandy Springs - Parishioner
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta - Volunteer
- Senior Citizen Services of Metropolitan Atlanta - CareShare Volunteer
Although a native Chicagoan, Ms. Taylor spent her summers on Tybee Island, Georgia. In the 1940’s, Ms. Taylor’s grandfather was the City Councilman of Tybee Island (formerly Savannah Beach).