Chris represents clients in the retail, healthcare, manufacturing, service, entertainment, hospitality, pharmaceutical and insurance industries, as well as local government bodies, focusing his practice on the representation and counseling of employers in matters pertaining to the workplace and the protection of their intellectual property and trade secrets. Chris has handled a wide variety of disputes ranging from multi-party and class action claims to single-plaintiff cases on subjects as diverse as professional malpractice to ERISA to product defect claims. Many clients entrust Chris to help keep them out of the courtroom but have come to realize that if a case needs to be tried, Chris and his team will work hard to achieve a favorable result.
Chris is also trained as a mediator and frequently serves as a third-party neutral. He has represented private and public employers before the National Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, Department of Justice, federal and state trial and appellate courts, as well as numerous state administrative agencies.
Chris successfully defended one of the first lawsuits to be filed under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and served as successful lead trial counsel in one of the first cases to be tried under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). He has served as lead counsel in class actions and numerous multi-party cases. In 2014, Chris led a trial team that achieved one of the top verdicts in Georgia in a case seeking redress for violation of Georgia's Trade Secrets Act and breaches of fiduciary duties.
Chris serves as Member-in-Charge of the Atlanta office and is a member of the firm's Policy Committee. Chris is a frequent author and speaker before a variety of continuing legal education and business audiences and generally focuses his remarks on practical solutions and strategies, occasionally sprinkled with some humor and commentary on the many situations life seems to present.
- Have represented clients in over 30 states.
- Wide variety of litigation experience ranging from administrative agencies to appellate work.
- Obtained motion to dismiss by district judge and Eleventh Circuit, which later also was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court, for Zenith American Solutions in a case where a retirement plan and its trustees sought relief under ERISA for losses sustained in conjunction with the Plan’s earlier decision to change accounting methods.
- Obtained summary judgment by the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada in favor of Zenith American Solutions in a case brought by a private hospital chain seeking additional payments and damages in excess of $750,000 from the defendant and the benefits plan serviced by the defendant.
- J.D., The Moritz College of Law, Ohio State University, 1989
- B.S., Ohio State University, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits
- Georgia Trial and Appellate Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Top 100, 2014-2016
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Litigation-Labor & Employment since 2014
- Georgia Super Lawyers® since 2006
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite: Georgia’s Most Effective Lawyers
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Atlanta Bar Association, Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections
- Georgia Bar Association, Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment and Litigation Sections
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section - Past Chair and Current Board Member; Atlanta Chapter - Past President; Professional Ethics Committee - Member
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association – Past Member of Board of Directors; Employment Law Committee - Past Chair
- Society of Human Resource Management
- Buckhead Business Association - Former Board Member
- YoungBucks, Charter President
- Miller & Martin Obtains Victories for Zenith American Solutions in Two ERISA and Benefit Plan Cases
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Edition
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Griffin and Parker Selected as 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers Top 100
- 6 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2015 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Jury Verdict Ranked in Daily Report's Top Georgia Verdicts of 2014
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- Chris Parker Named Top 100: 2015 Georgia Super Lawyers®
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Georgia Super Lawyers® 2015
- 14 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2014 Georgia Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- Miller & Martin Obtains Jury Verdict in Favor of Southern Polymer, Inc.
- Miller & Martin's Atlanta Office Managing Member, Christopher Parker, Responds to ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- Fifteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Included in 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- 2013 Georgia Super Lawyers Includes 11 Miller & Martin Attorneys
- Ten Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2012 Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine
- 2012 Georgia Super Lawyers® Includes 10 Miller & Martin Attorneys
When not working or trying to keep up with his family, Chris enjoys a number of hobbies that include photography, golf and music, although none with any particular degree of recognizable skill.