Jimar A. Sanders
P: 423.785.8281 | F: 423.321.1581
Jimar Sanders concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial lending, real estate and tax incentives.
Mr. Sanders' experience in commercial lending includes representing regional and private mezzanine and subordinate debt investment funds in connection with investment and lending transactions. He also has extensive experience working with financial institutions and borrowers in commercial real estate, construction and land development financing transactions.
With regards to his real estate practice, Mr. Sanders focuses on assisting clients with the purchase, sale, leasing, financing and development of office, industrial, shopping center and multi-family residential projects.
Mr. Sanders' experience in tax incentives includes assisting major U.S. and international companies in their expansion and relocation projects throughout the country. Such assistance includes the negotiation of ad valorem property tax abatements, sales tax exemptions, income tax credits, grants, tax increment financing arrangements, the mitigation of impact fees and other tax incentives.
- J.D., University of Georgia, 2007
- Notes Editor, The Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Member, Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition
- President, Black Law Students Association
- B.S., summa cum laude, South Carolina State University, 2004
- Lawyers of Color - Inaugural Hot List, 2013
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2011-2016
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- S.L. Hutchins Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Chattanooga - Board of Directors
- River City Company- Board of Directors
- Interfaith Homeless Network - Former Board Member
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Selected as 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Mid-South Super Lawyers for 2015
- Miller & Martin Announces New Attorneys Selected to Membership Status
- Miller & Martin Represents Barnett Transportation in Sale to Quest Liner®
- Miller & Martin Represents Quickcue, LLC in Sale to OpenTable, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents Dewberry Capital
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Jimar Sanders Named to Lawyers of Color's Inaugural Hot List
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Acquisition of Rose City Printing and Packaging, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents River Associates Investments in Two Acquisitions
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2012 Mid-South Super Lawyers®