Miller & Martin's Resort and Hospitality group is a multidisciplinary group utilizing the knowledge and experience of our Real Estate, Corporate and Finance attorneys to provide innovative legal services to our clients.
Miller & Martin’s Resort and Hospitality attorneys represent clients in multiple areas and address a range of issues associated with the acquisition, development, sale and financing of hotel, resort and leisure assets, such as deal structure, core contractual terms of acquisition or disposition, financing, zoning and development approval process, development and construction contracts, and management contracts, as well as assisting clients with the legal aspects of their marketing and sales of travel, leisure and related consumer products and services, loyalty and membership programs, strategic marketing alliances and capital-light/fee-based services transactions. Our attorneys work collaboratively on deals and transactions with the firm’s corporate department.
Our clients and projects range from large brands to private equity firms to smaller, closely-held businesses involved in the development, equity and debt financing, management and creation of hotels, resorts and mixed-use developers. We represent leisure industry clients in projects such as hotels and resorts, timeshare plans and multi-site vacation clubs, travel clubs, membership campgrounds, and related products.
- Represent large timeshare brand in the development, registration, marketing and sales of various timeshare and club-based products.
- Represent large real estate fund in connection with resort and hotel financings, conversions and development of consumer products.
- Represent start-up boutique hotel management company in the development of loyalty and club-related products.
- Represent resort operators in restructuring and senior and mezzanine debt transactions.
- Represented boutique investment firm in the acquisition and financing for the development of a purpose-built resort for a big-brand timeshare club in Myrtle Beach, S.C.
- Represented boutique investment firm in the acquisition and financing for the development of a purpose-built resort for a big-brand timeshare club in Waikiki Beach, Honolulu.
- Represented boutique investment firm in acquisition and financing of consumer receivables generated by a large timeshare brand.
- Represented a membership campground club in an acquisition of another membership campground club which doubled the size and footprint of the business.
- Represented international private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of an industry-leading web-based travel program.