With the right resources, entrepreneurs are empowered to take an extraordinary idea and develop it into an extraordinary company positioned for growth. Miller & Martin can work with emerging companies to provide the legal resources they will need from start to raise to exit.
Miller & Martin has an established team of knowledgeable and entrepreneurial-minded attorneys dedicated to understanding the distinctive needs of emerging businesses operating in a variety of industries. Through all stages of the startup life cycle—including forming a legal entity, protecting company intellectual property, raising money, negotiating with customers and suppliers, and selling or merging with another company—we can provide important and necessary guidance and solutions, helping our clients reach their goals of developing thriving businesses. We have helped emerging companies raise over $157 million.
Our attorneys have extensive experience working with companies of varying sizes and industries; however, startups and emerging companies can face unique legal issues that provide their own unique set of challenges. We provide cost-effective services across a wide array of legal disciplines, with generalists as well as attorneys who practice in niche areas of the law. The decisions companies make in the initial stages of development can have a significant impact on their businesses in the future, and our team of attorneys is prepared to work efficiently and effectively to help companies set themselves up for future success.
- Form entities based upon founder roles and anticipated funding sources, including negotiation and drafting of limited liability company operating agreements between co-founders and investors.
- Consult on internal approaches to employment, equity and other compensation and benefits, including navigation of 409A issues related to key employee stock grants.
- Negotiate with strategic partners and other sources of equity financing, including preparing Series A capital raises.
- Protect essential intellectual property through trademark and patent filings, confidentiality agreements and technology licensing
- Attorneys Fullerton and Savage Join Miller & Martin in Chattanooga
- Edge Magazine Highlights Miller & Martin’s Work with Startups and Emerging Businesses
- Nooga.com Highlights Miller & Martin's Growth and Adaptability to Serve Needs of Growing Companies
- Gentle Quoted on Blockchain Technology in Hamilton County Herald and Tennessee Ledger
- Miller & Martin Adds Jeff Cunningham as a Corporate Member
- Matt Jannerbo Selected as a Judge in the "Will this Float?" Business Pitch Competition
- Miller & Martin Advises on Startup Company Growth and Success
- Miller & Martin Played Significant Role in Elevating the Chattanooga Entrepreneurial Community
- Miller & Martin Adds Two New Associates
- Matt Jannerbo, Elected as Member of the 2015-2016 CO.LAB Board
- April Holland Named to Lawyers of Color's 2014 Hot List
- Startup Week Chattanooga Event: Implicit Bias - We All Have It, What to Do?
- Startup Week Chattanooga Event: How Technology Providers Can Crack the 100-Page Master Agreement
- Startup Week Chattanooga Event: Token Sales, ICOs and Securities Regulations
- Gentle Presents Crypto-Currencies 101 at Kiwanis Club of Chattanooga
- Gentle to Present at 2018 Tennessee Bar Association's Business Law Forum
- Chattanooga Start-up Week Happy Hour
- Jannerbo to Speak at Southeast Entrepreneurship Conference
- Matt Jannerbo to Participate in Board Brilliance & Brews Panel Discussion
- CO.LAB / Miller & Martin: Monthly Office Hours Providing Free Legal Advice
- StartUp Week Chattanooga | Finding Funding: A conversation with CEOs who have Raised Capital
- Matt Jannerbo to Speak at AngelSummit US
- Holland to Speak at Chadev
- We Did It! | Startup Week Chattanooga
- BIZ BITS: Start Your Year Like You Just Bought Your Business
- BIZ BITS: The Data and Metadata of Contracts
- BIZ BITS: How Technology Providers Can "Partner" and Win Customers
- BIZ BITS: Never, Never, Never Give Up...But Be Ready to Change Direction
- BIZ BITS: Contingency Planning for Entrepreneurs
- The End of LIBOR
- Change, Change & More Change in Today's Business Environment