Miller & Martin Labor & Employment attorneys provide support and guidance to employers throughout the country in what can be a complex intersection between their operational needs and laws requiring employee leave and accommodation.
Our attorneys provide direction and documentation to communicate with employees and their medical care providers in order to determine whether employees qualify for leave or other accommodations at work, and, if so, what type of accommodation would be effective for both the company and the employee in compliance with the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA/ADAAA) as well as applicable state and local laws regarding leave, disability and pregnancy accommodation.
We advise employers throughout the United States on these issues, ranging from large insurance companies and call centers, to manufacturers, restaurant chains, banks and other financial institutions, medical practices and other professional service providers.
- Two New Federal Laws Affecting Pregnant Workers Passed in the Last Days of 2022
- EEOC Issues New Mandatory Workplace Discrimination “Know Your Rights” Poster
- COVID-19 as a Disability Under the ADA: Considerations for Employers as the Pandemic Continues
- Saying Goodbye to 2020 and FFCRA Leave
- New Tennessee Pregnancy Accommodation Law Effective October 1 Show more
- Miller & Martin Labor & Employment Attorneys Present at 2023 SHRM Legal Roundtable
- L&E Seminar | Annual FMLA/ADA Update 2023
- L&E Seminar | Handling New Workplace Challenges in a (Hopefully!) Post-COVID World
- Stacie Caraway Presents Covid-19 Workplace Update at TN Bankers Association 2022 HR Conference
- Tackling Your Tough FMLA/ADA (and Yes! COVID-19) Questions Show more