Erin Steelman is a litigation associate. She provides legal counsel and represents clients in state and federal courts in business disputes, labor and employment matters, property disputes and product liability matters. She is dedicated to providing exceptional service to her clients, and recognizes the importance of being accessible, attentive and efficient.
Erin previously served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Charles E. Atchley, Jr. and as an intern for the Honorable Susan K. Lee of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee. While clerking, she worked on civil cases involving contract disputes, civil-rights litigation, employment discrimination, wage and hour disputes, and constitutional challenges, in addition to criminal proceedings.
J.D., magna cum laude, The University of Tennessee College of Law, 2020
- Order of the Coif
- Advocacy and Dispute Resolution Concentration
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Civil Procedure I; Trial Practice; Secured Transactions
- Advocacy Clinic—Student Attorney
- Externship—Blount County Public Defender
- UT Pro Bono – Volunteer
B.S., Accounting, magna cum laude, Carson Newman University, 2017
- Dean’s List
- Varsity Cheerleader
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- Supreme Court of Tennessee
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Charles E. Atchley, Jr. U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Intern to the Honorable Susan K. Lee, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- LexisNexis Research Certified
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Southeast Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women (SETLAW)
- American Inns of Court – Chattanooga Chapter
Erin is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. In her free time, Erin enjoys exercising, trying new recipes, reading and traveling, as well as spending time outdoors and with her family especially in her hometown of Chattanooga.