Jeff Cunningham, Vice-Chair of the firm's Corporate Department, works with entrepreneurs and visionaries to help them design and achieve cool and ambitious deals and build and sell profitable companies. He serves as outside counsel and business advisor for companies, many of whom do not have internal legal departments. He represents growth-phase, closely-held businesses, entrepreneurs, newly-formed enterprises, emerging growth and established companies, through all phases of business, including, choice of entity, business plan development, capital raising (debt and equity), equity and ownership agreements, commercial transactions and exit strategies, corporate partnering, joint ventures, sales and distribution operations, development, negotiation, and documentation of sale and service agreements, distribution or leasing arrangements, terms and conditions of sale or service, independent contractor and consulting services agreements, licensing and intellectual property protection, federal, state and local taxation, tax-effective transaction and entity structuring, licensure and regulatory compliance matters, and nonprofit entity organization, qualification, compliance and operation. He works with clients across many industries including manufacturing, distribution, business and professional services, staffing, residential and commercial construction and distribution, and a variety of technology and Internet of Things enterprises.
Mr. Cunningham also regularly represents both borrowers and lenders in asset based, cash flow, and other lending transactions.
- Represented merchant bank client in the simultaneous acquisition of 100% of the capital stock of four corporations (three in Texas, one in Canada) in a seller-financed transaction supplemented by a $210 million bond offering.
- Represented multiple entrepreneurial businesses through multiple rounds of private financing and sale to strategic and financial buyers. Examples include:
- Affinity Travel Company
- Electronic Discovery Services Company
- Staffing and Personnel Services Companies
- Metal Recycler
- Insurance Brokerages
- Behavioral Incentives Provider
- Pharmacy Services Provider
- Construction Companies – General Contractors and Subcontractors
- Engineering and Environmental Services Companies
- Retail Automotive Services Companies
- Professional Architecture and Professional Engineering Companies
- J.D., Georgia State University College of Law, 1999
- M.B.A., Georgia State University Robinson College of Business, 1996
- B.S., Economics, Vanderbilt University, 1992
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Atlanta Humane Society, Board of Directors
- Sarah Smith Education Foundation, Board of Directors - Chair
- St. Phillips Episcopal Cathedral, Usher and Choir
- Nine Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2018 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Edge Magazine Highlights Miller & Martin’s Work with Startups and Emerging Businesses
- Nooga.com Highlights Miller & Martin's Growth and Adaptability to Serve Needs of Growing Companies
- Miller & Martin Adds Jeff Cunningham as a Corporate Member
- Jeff Cunningham to Present at National Business Institute’s Two-Day Program - Buying and Selling a Business: Start-to-Finish.
- Smart Cities | Internet of Things Chattanooga Breakfast Panel
- Smart Cities Breakfast Panel | IoT Seminar | November 7, 2018
- Smart Cities Breakfast Panel | IoT Seminar | September 12, 2018
- BIZ BITS: Beware the Aggressively Lost
- BIZ BITS: Start Your Year Like You Just Bought Your Business
- BIZ BITS: The Data and Metadata of Contracts
- BIZ BITS: Never, Never, Never Give Up...But Be Ready to Change Direction
- BIZ BITS: Contingency Planning for Entrepreneurs
- BIZ BITS: Growth Funding - Picking the Right Club for the Shot
Jeff went to elementary school with Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash’s son, John Carter Cash, and the whole second grade class recorded a song on a field trip to a recording studio.