Bradford G. Harvey
Office: 423.785.8210 | Fax: 423.321.1528
Brad Harvey concentrates in labor and employment law and class and collective action defense. He has defended employers in agency and court actions, including hostile work environment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, FMLA, Fair Credit Reporting Act and other claims, in Tennessee, Georgia, New York, California, Ohio, Texas, Missouri, New Jersey and elsewhere. Brad has handled hundreds of labor arbitrations and represented employers in union avoidance efforts, work stoppages and the defense of NLRB charges. Brad has defeated and reached favorable resolutions of class and collective actions at the local, regional and national level. He regularly advises employers on all aspects of labor and employment compliance and best practices. Additionally, Brad obtained a jury verdict in an eminent domain trial for over 20 times the amount offered by the condemning government agency.
- Resolved 4 putative FLSA collective actions (3 nationwide) filed in Tennessee on individual basis in 2020.
- Obtained nationwide settlement of FLSA collective action filed in Tennessee in 2020.
- Reached individual settlements for 2 multi-state FLSA collective actions filed in Alabama in 2017-2018; nationwide FLSA collective action filed in Texas in 2017; and statewide wage and hour class action filed in California in 2015.
- Won summary judgment in all 12 rulings in multi-plaintiff employment litigation in New York from 2012-2015, with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit affirming.
- Won jury verdict in eminent domain trial in Tennessee in 2015. Jury awarded client over 20 times the amount offered by the government agency.
- Obtained non-solicitation, confidential information and 6-state non-competition injunction in Tennessee and sanctions award in 2016 for contempt of the injunction.
- Resolved 70,000 member Fair Credit Reporting Act class action in Tennessee in 2013-2015 for lower amount than parallel case against smaller employer in same industry filed by same attorneys.
- Defeated certification efforts in nationwide employment class actions filed in New York (motion to dismiss), New Jersey (motion to dismiss class compensatory and punitive damage claims granted and class claims dropped) and Tennessee (defeated motion to certify) and state/local employment class actions in Texas (motion to dismiss) and Tennessee (motion for summary judgment).
- Resolved wage and hour class allegations for favorable settlements in Tennessee, California, Massachusetts, and elsewhere for employers in the trucking, restaurant, security, photographic studio, manufacturing, and distribution industries.
- Represented employers in hundreds of labor arbitrations and NLRB charges, work stoppages, union campaigns and union avoidance efforts.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1995
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., cum laude, Duke University, 1991
- Martindale-Hubbell® - AV® Peer Review Rated
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Cancer Society
- Arts and Education Council
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Chattanooga
- Duke Alumni Association
- McKamey Animal Center - Volunteer
- North River Rotary Association
- Vanderbilt Alumni Association
- Miller & Martin Advised L2 Brands in its Acquisition of Ouray Sportswear
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Miller & Martin Represented GSM Holdings, Inc. in its Acquisition of Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers® List
- Cathay Capital Receives 2018 Americas Private Equity Deal of the Year for Innovative Transaction Show more
- The NLRB Comes Bearing Gifts for Employees
- Department of Labor Announces Proposed Rule on Employee/Independent Contractor Test
- Sixth Circuit Lifts Stay on OSHA’s ETS for COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing
- Summary of OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard for Implementation of COVID-19 Vaccine & Testing Mandates
- Could April Showers Bring May Unions? Show more
- L&E Webinar | As the Wage and Hour World Turns in 2022
- L&E Webinar | As the Wage and Hour World Turns
- Attorney Brad Harvey Discusses Hot Wage & Hour Developments at TBA Labor & Employment Forum
- Chattanooga Seminar: Wage and Hour-Palooza
- What's New in Employment Law for 2017, SHRM Chattanooga Show more
Twice came within one hour and two minutes of shattering world marathon record.