Laura is an associate in Miller & Martin’s commercial group. She focuses her practice on assisting clients navigate a variety of creditors’ rights and insolvency matters, including workouts, bankruptcies, enforcement actions, and other related business concerns.
Prior to joining the Firm, Laura clerked for the Honorable James R. Sacca of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Mercer University School of Law, 2016
- B.S., cum laude, Family and Consumer Science, University of Georgia, 2013
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- Law Clerk to the Honorable James R. Sacca, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Mary Staley, Cobb County Superior Court
- Certificate in Advanced Legal Research and Writing from Mercer University School of Law
- W. Homer Drake, Jr. Georgia Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, Pupil, 2015-2016
- Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, Distinguished Law Student, 2016
- National Order of the Scribes, 2016
- National Order of the Barristers, 2016
- Brainerd Currie Honor Society, 2016
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law & Creditor’s Rights and Commercial Litigation Sections
- Turnaround Management Association
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
Laura grew up riding and showing horses, and she competed on one of the intercollegiate equestrian teams while at the University of Georgia.