Laura Ketcham, Chair of the firm's Commercial Department, focuses her practice in the areas of bankruptcy and creditors' rights, commercial finance and providing general business counsel. She has represented various stakeholders in commercial bankruptcy cases across the country. She has also represented parties in a variety of finance transactions, loan workouts, foreclosures, receiverships, lien priority disputes, judgment enforcement actions, lawsuits asserting the breach of loan documents, distressed asset sales and preferential transfer cases.
- Serve as primary outside counsel for a global manufacturing company whose corporate headquarters is located in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Represent local and regional banks in bankruptcy, loan workout, foreclosure and litigation matters.
- Ten years’ experience serving as bankruptcy counsel for an international floorplan lender and a chemical manufacturing company.
- Represented a real estate company in over thirty retail bankruptcy cases.
- Completed secondees with two lending divisions of a Fortune 100 company.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 2005
- B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science and Economics, Vanderbilt University, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2014-2017
- Leadership Chattanooga - Graduate, Class of 2012
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chattanooga Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Section Executive Council - Chair
- American Inns of Court, Justices Ray L. Brock Jr. and Robert E. Cooper Chapter - Former Member
- Chattanooga Friends - Past President
- CHI Memorial Foundation - Board of Directors
- Delta Delta Delta, Alumnae Association
- Junior League of Chattanooga - Past President
- Leadership Chattanooga, Alumni Association
- Mars Hill Presbyterian Church - Past Clerk of Session
- St. Peter’s Episcopal School - Board of Trustees
- Vanderbilt Alumni - Volunteer
- Miller & Martin Attorney Laura Ketcham Contributes to the 2021 Edition of Strategic Alternatives For And Against Distressed Businesses
- 15 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Miller & Martin Hosts Summer Wrap-Up Event for Chattanooga Legal Diversity Consortium
- 18 Miller & Martin Attorneys Selected to 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Nineteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Show more
- Laura Ketcham Co-Presenting at DRI Webinar- All About Bankruptcy: A Primer for Non-Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Laura Ketcham Co-Presents at Tennessee Bar Association's Bankruptcy Law CLE
- Ketcham to Speak at 14th Annual Bankruptcy Forum
- Ketcham to Speak at 13th Annual Bankruptcy Forum
- Ketcham to present at Bankruptcy Forum
In Laura’s free time, you can find her on the tennis court, cheering on her son at a baseball game or volunteering with the Junior League of Chattanooga.