Miller & Martin's Labor & Employment attorneys have extensive experience with numerous federal and state courts across the country, touching diverse areas of employment matters.
Our attorneys work with clients to provide creative and practical solutions to employment issues that may have legal consequences. We have substantial experience working with clients in a myriad of employment and civil rights claims, including allegations of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour violations, defamation, negligence and breach of contract, breach of restrictive covenants, actions brought under other employment-related statutes and related state statutes and causes of action.
- Collectively tried dozens of jury trials and hundreds of bench trials.
- Defeated class certification attempts in a nationwide employment discrimination claim brought against an international bottling company.
- Obtained decertification of a class action in an employment discrimination case in which the plaintiffs were represented by Professor Arthur Miller (co-author of the Federal Rule of Civil Procedure governing class litigation) and Stanley Chesley.
- 14 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars Lists
- John R. Bode Named 2024 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" for Employment Law Management in Chattanooga
- Miller & Martin Elects Attorneys Elizabeth Marquardt and Scott Simmons as Members
- 13 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 9 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ Show more
- FTC Proposes New Rule Prohibiting Employers from Implementing Post-Employment Non-Compete Agreements
- Department of Labor Announces Proposed Rule on Employee/Independent Contractor Test
- Claims of Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Can No Longer Be Kept Out of Court Through Mandatory, Pre-Dispute Arbitration Agreements
- (Avoiding) The Top Five Mistakes Employers Make Regarding New Parent Leave Policies
- Mandatory Employment Arbitration Programs - Practical Considerations In Light of Supreme Court's Epic Decision Show more