Roger Dickson, a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers, concentrates his practice on litigation with an emphasis on complex commercial disputes, white collar crime, healthcare, personal injury and products liability. He has handled major civil litigation for the world's largest soft drink bottling company and has served as lead national counsel defending publicly traded consumer products companies in hundreds of pharmaceutical product liability cases. He also represents a publicly traded construction materials company in its litigation in Tennessee and one of the nation's largest disability insurance companies in its complex litigation.
Mr. Dickson has represented clients in numerous federal grand jury investigations and trials involving antitrust violations, immigration matters, bank fraud, healthcare fraud, tax matters, labor law violations and FDA matters. He served as trial counsel in the trial of United States v. Tyson Foods which resulted in the acquittal of all defendants and was named as the top defense verdict of the year in the National Law Journal. Mr. Dickson is a Rule 31 listed general civil mediator and serves as a mediator and arbitrator in all types of litigation.
- Previously served as an United States Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of Tennessee for 5 years.
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law
- Editorial Board, Tennessee Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- B.S., University of Chattanooga
- U.S. District Court, Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Arbitration; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Mediation since 1995
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business Litigation since 2009
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, 2006-2017
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® - Top 100 Tennessee List, 2016
- American Bar Foundation - Life Fellow
- Chattanooga Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Foundation - Fellow
- American Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers - State Chair, 2011-2012
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Chattanooga Boys and Girls Club - Board of Directors
- Chattanooga Public Education Foundation - Secretary
- Tennessee Bar Association
- University of Tennessee - Board of Trustees, 1991 to 2000
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2019 Chambers USA®
- 18 Miller & Martin Attorneys Selected to 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 7 Chattanooga Miller & Martin Attorneys Awarded Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" 2019 Edition
- 53 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Edition
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Chambers USA®
- Nineteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 56 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Selected as 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017 Edition
- Miller & Martin Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Mid-South Super Lawyers for 2015
- 54 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016 Edition
- Miller & Martin Maintains Top Rankings in Chambers USA, 2015 Edition
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Mid-South Super Lawyers® 2014
- Miller & Martin Introduces New Crisis Management Practice Group
- Six Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® "Lawyers of the Year"
- 55 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2015 Edition
- Miller & Martin Maintains Top Rankings in Chambers USA, 2014 Edition
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Roger Dickson Included in "Who's Who Lines Both Benches in Pilot Cases"
- Six Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2014 "Lawyer of the Year"
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- Miller & Martin PLLC Maintains Top Ranking in Chambers USA, 2013 Edition
- Miller & Martin Ranked in Benchmark Litigation® Survey for 2013