Miller & Martin Real Estate attorneys address the myriad range of issues associated with any commercial real estate transaction, such as deal structure, core contractual terms of acquisition or disposition, financing, zoning and development approval process, development and construction contracts, management contracts and leasing. Our real estate attorneys also work collaboratively with the firm’s litigation department when disputes arise out of a development or construction project.
Activities cover the full spectrum of projects such as shopping centers, office buildings, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, recreation property developments and single and multi-family residential developments. Clients range from those who are active developers and redevelopers to those who invest substantial amounts in real estate projects developed by others.
- Negotiated and drafted the major contracts associated with construction of a municipal convention/entertainment venue, including the construction management agreement, the project management agreement and the architectural services agreement. Handled all the land acquisition for the site both by negotiation and by eminent domain. Provided advice and counsel on the attendant and ancillary issues arising in big construction projects. The project was valued at $650 million.
- Drafted and negotiated complex architect/design agreements with U.S. and Chinese firms and the multiple related contracts with cost expert, quality assurer and project manager.
- Served as lead counsel for the acquisition and development of a $300 million corporate headquarters facility, including obtaining tax incentives and negotiating bond financing. The acquisition and development of the headquarters included handling some delicate environmental issues.
- Handled the leasing and construction of a shared services facility with over 200,000 square feet of office space in three buildings located in Florida, with the development and negotiations of the shared services campus taking place over a three year period. Also handled the negotiations for the three build-to-suit leases with the landlord and the construction contracts for such facility.
- Served as real estate and environmental counsel for municipality with regards to the transfer of over 1,300 acres to a manufacturing company for construction of an approximately $1 billion automotive plant. Worked with state and federal regulators on complex environmental issues affecting the transfer and development of the property.
- Served as lead counsel for $400 million mixed use project including a regional mall site, power centers, offices and related developments in Georgia.
- Serve as a national real estate counsel for a large corporation with a real estate portfolio valued at approximately $2 billion.
- Acted as national and regional counsel for real estate developers in the development of retail shopping centers, condominiums, industrial properties, mixed use retail/office/residential developments and apartment complexes, including land assemblage, securities offerings, lease reviews, financing, zoning and land-use issues for projects having a value of approximately $1 billion dollars throughout the United States.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust which owns, manages, acquires, develops and redevelops industrial properties in 29 major U.S. markets and manages more than 3,000 tenants, 930 industrial facilities and 67 million square feet of space.
- Represented a client with the purchase of 12 separate projects with more than 40 tenants, approximately 1 million square feet of space and a purchase price of $26 million.
- Represented syndicates of institutional lenders in the financing of major office projects throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Represented a major fast food chain in development of restaurants throughout the southeast, including land assemblage, lease reviews, zoning and land-use issues.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in structuring sale-leaseback industrial developments throughout the country.
- Represented a national restaurant group in negotiation of leases for operating locations.
- Group members include former Chairman of the Tennessee Bar Association Real Property practice section.
- Group members are regular presenters at regional and national seminars for a variety of bar and other professional operations.
- Obtained state, local and federal tax-incentive awards and grants for the acquisition and construction of industrial projects.
Joe AllEvan AllisonDoug BerryAlison Boyer, ChairCharlie BrakeJeff ClarkDick CrotteauLuke CurtisBobby DannGrant DobsonBob GoodmanTodd M. GoodwinMeghan GordonJeff GuildJim HaleyTom HayslettClif HenryBrian HumphreyEllis LordAllen McCallieCory McKennaJulian NealyRachael RuizRandy ScogginsAlfred SmithJoe SnyderDudley M. WestNeil Wilcove
Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity
Utilities & Telecommunications
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta Honors Alison Boyer as Volunteer of the Year
- 8 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2020 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Miller & Martin Represents an Affiliate of the Dewberry Group in a $186M Loan
- Attorney Todd Goodwin Elected as Member of Miller & Martin Law Firm
- 15 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Edition
- Attorney Dudley West Joins Miller & Martin in Nashville
- Attorneys Accurso, Dietrichs, McKenna, Vey Join Miller & Martin in Atlanta
- 7 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2019 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Associate, Meghan Gordon, Successfully Chairs Annual UCREW Educational Program
- 18 Miller & Martin Attorneys Selected to 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Miller & Martin Earns 2 National & 41 Regional Rankings in "Best Law Firms" 2019 Edition
- Miller & Martin Adds Joe All as a Commercial Member
- Meghan Gordon featured in the CREW Member Spotlight, August Edition
- Nine Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Earns 2018 “Best Law Firm” Ranking in 23 Practice Areas from U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- 56 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition
- Miller & Martin Add Baker and Wilcove to the Atlanta Office
- Alison Boyer Selected to 2017 Law360 Real Estate Advisory Board
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Worlds of Wow
- Boyer Elected to Firm Membership
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Elected to Membership Status
- Evan Allison Featured in Hamilton County Herald
- Miller & Martin Attorney Graduates from 2015 Tennessee Bar Association's Leadership Law Program
- Miller & Martin Adds Two New Attorneys to its Chattanooga Office
- Joseph P. L. Snyder Joins Miller & Martin's Real Estate Practice
- Miller & Martin Receives Top-Tier Rankings from U.S. News - Best Lawyers® "Best Law Firms" 2015 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents Servcorp in Lease at One World Trade Center
- Miller & Martin Represents Dewberry Capital
- Julian Nealy Joins Miller & Martin's Real Estate Practice
- Miller & Martin Represents Heritage Funeral Homes, L.P. in Sale to Carriage Funeral Holdings, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Miller & Martin Achieves Metropolitan Top Ranking for 2014 "Best Law Firms"
- Luke Curtis Quoted in the Daily Report
- 50 Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 Edition
- Georgia Court of Appeals Holds That the Georgia Statute of Repose Is Applicable to Contractual Claims as Well as Negligence Claims
- Filing Affidavit of Non-Payment Within 60 Days of Signing Statutory Lien Waiver is Critical in Georgia Construction Contracts
- What K-Con Decision Means for Bonding Requirements in Federal Construction Contracts
- OSHA Delays Another Rule - Cranes This Time