Alison Boyer serves as Vice-Chair of the firm’s Commercial Department and former Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group. Her practice focuses on the representation of institutional investors, lenders and developers in a wide range of real estate matters including financing, acquisition, disposition and leasing transactions. Ms. Boyer handles transactions involving all property types including retail, office, multi-family, industrial and hospitality. Alison is well-rooted in Miller & Martin, having begun her legal career here as a summer intern in 2003. She spent some time away from the firm and, during that time, practiced at an international law firm with the fifth largest real estate group in the country. Alison returned to her Miller & Martin home in 2015.
- Represented the seller of two commercial properties in Atlanta in one of the largest office transactions for the Atlanta market in 2014.
- Represented the largest national residential homebuilder in its acquisition of a regional competitor.
- Represented the borrower in the closing of a $190 million mortgage and mezzanine financing in connection with a New York City office tower owned by a joint venture with international partners.
- Represented the lender on a construction loan for a multi-family development in downtown Boston.
- Represented the lender in connection with the disposition of an apartment portfolio and the related assignment and assumption of the underlying loans.
- Represented the developer in connection with the acquisition and financing of mixed-use project in Decatur, Georgia.
- Represented the lender on a portfolio loan involving 46 industrial properties across the country.
- Represented the purchaser of an equity interest in one of the largest and most productive shopping malls in the world.
- Represented the lender in connection with the restructuring of a large assisted living/continuing care facility portfolio.
- J.D., cum laude, Georgia State University College of Law, 2004
- Associate Editor, Georgia State Law Review
- Atlanta Law School Scholar
- B.A., International Finance, University of Georgia, 1999
- U.S. District Courts, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite, 2012
- CREW Leadership - Class of 2016
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties, Class of 2009 Future Leader
- State Bar of Georgia, Real Property Law Section
- Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
- Peachtree Presbyterian Church, Children’s Ministry Volunteer
Alison flipped a coin between law school and cooking school – law school won but the kitchen is still one of her favorite places to be.