Ansley Moses practices in the area of federal and state taxation. His primary focus is assisting clients in tax planning in connection with business formations, transactions and reorganizations. Mr. Moses also has significant experience in representing exempt organizations in qualification and compliance matters. He also represents business clients before federal and state tax authorities in connection with audits, appeals and litigation.
Prior to joining Miller & Martin, Mr. Moses was in private practice in Washington, D.C., and served as a law clerk with the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia. He is a member of the Chattanooga and Tennessee Bar Associations and the State Bar of Georgia. He is a past Chair of the Tax Section of the Tennessee Bar Association and a former President of Chattanooga Tax Practitioners.
- J.D., M.A. Economics, Duke University, 1988
- A.B., cum laude, Economics, Davidson College, 1985
- U.S. Tax Court
- Honorable Jack T. Camp, U.S. District Court Judge for the Northern District of Georgia
- The Best Lawyers in America® - Tax Law, since 2008
- Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" (Chattanooga, Tennessee) - Tax Law, 2023, 2021 & 2013
- American Bar Association, Taxation and Business Law Sections
- Tennessee Bar Association, Tax Section
- State Bar of Georgia
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Chattanooga Tax Practitioners
- Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga - Counsel and Secretary
- Friends of Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park - Director
- 57 Miller & Martin Lawyers Recognized as Best Lawyers® Award Recipients
- Miller & Martin Advised L2 Brands in its Acquisition of Ouray Sportswear
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Ansley Moses Named Best Lawyers® 2023 Tax Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Chattanooga
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2023 "Lawyer of the Year" for Respective Practices in Chattanooga Show more
Ansley serves as a National Park Volunteer providing tours of local battlefields.