Joe DeLisle concentrates his practice on domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private debt and equity and venture capital transactions, securities laws, corporate formation and governance, shareholders, partnership and joint venture agreements, and other general business and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Martin PLLC, Mr. DeLisle led the corporate and tax group at a mid-sized Atlanta law firm and before that practiced in the corporate group of an Atlanta-based, national law firm. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. DeLisle was an environmental engineer for four years with Law Engineering & Environmental Services, Inc. and earned his Professional Engineer License.
- DeLisle Super LawyerRepresented a provider of audio, video, and web-based conferencing solutions in a $400 million merger.
- Represented a publicly listed Australian company in its $120 million acquisition of a U.S.-based pharmaceutical business, including a corresponding U.S. private equity offering and debt financing.
- Represented a privately owned managed care company in its $100 million sale to a publicly traded supplemental life and health insurance company.
- Represented the managing underwriter in the $75 million initial public offering by a provider of software and services to the medical imaging industry.
- Represented an environmental services provider in its acquisition of solid waste management and waste transfer facilities and debt and equity financings in excess of $85 million.
- Represented a family-owned sporting goods retailer in its sale of an $85 million majority ownership position.
- Represented a management team in the organization of a specialty finance company backed by more than $60 million of privately-funded capital.
- Represented sellers in industry-leading educational software business to private equity buyer.
- Formation of a multi-party, interdisciplinary joint venture, capitalized with more than $50 million, focused on the acquisition, recapitalization and development of distressed real estate assets.
- Represented a public healthcare company in its $50 million acquisition of a group of local healthcare providers.
- Represented a borrower in a $50 million international in-bound, subordinated secured credit facility.
- Represented a natural gas marketer in over $25 million of equity, debt, and financed commercial transactions.
- Represented an online retail company in more than $25 million of private equity financing and other organizational matters.
- Represented a family-owned construction products business in its $23 million sale to a strategic public company buyer.
- Represented a provider of prepaid telecommunications services in more than $23 million of private equity financing and other corporate matters.
- Represented a high-growth, consumer services company in more than $21 million of private equity financing.
- Represented management as the "stalking horse bidder" in a $12 million management buyout of two business units through a Section 363 bankruptcy auction which also included capitalizing a new company with a combination of debt and equity financing.
- Represented sponsors in the formation of a $10 million private equity fund.
- Represented registered investment advisor (RIA) business in more than $7 million of debt and equity financing and other organizational matters.
- Represented a specialized home improvement, building products and installation services business in more than $5 million private equity financing.
- Represented an international real estate services business in its expansion strategy of acquiring local businesses and developing local markets.
- Represented numerous publicly traded healthcare companies in the syndication and organization of several ambulatory surgery centers.
- Represented a power marketer in a financed power supply arrangement with one of the top 10 energy companies in the world.
- Represented companies and investors in connection with their private capital raising initiatives or investments.
- Represented closely-held, private companies and their owners with complex governance matters and buy-out transactions, which often involve issues such as employee-employer, landlord-tenant, and borrower-guarantor matters.
- Represented purchasers and sellers in bankruptcy court-approved transactions.
- Serving the role as outside general counsel to numerous domestic and international companies in many different industries, producing a variety of goods and services.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Georgia State University College, 1999
- Associate Editor, Georgia State Law Review
- Phi Delta Phi
- Bleckley Inn of Courts
- Outer Barrister's Guild
- B.C.E., with honors, Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1993
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Mergers and Acquisitions Law, since 2020
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Mergers & Acquisitions since 2014
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business since 2013
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite since 2010
- Extern to The Honorable Marvin H. Shoob, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and with the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- World Law Group, International Corporate Transactions Practice Group Co-Leader, Business Development Committee Chair (2019-2021), Regional Director for the Americas (2017-2019)
- State Bar of Georgia
- Association for Corporate Growth - Member
- Boy Scouts of America - Scoutmaster
- Eagle Scout
- Decatur Presbyterian Church - Elder
- Decatur-DeKalb YMCA - Former Member, Board of Directors
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Foundation to Award Scholarships and Conduct Leadership Programs for Students - Founder and Former Chairman and Member of Board of Directors
- Leadership DeKalb
- Technology Association of Georgia - Member
- Miller & Martin Hosts World Law Group Summit in Atlanta for Law Firms from Over 65 Countries
- Miller & Martin Advised SaaS.group in its Acquisition of MyWorks
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Miller & Martin Practices and Attorneys Earn Top Rankings in 2022 Chambers USA Guide
- Miller & Martin Represents Oakbridge Partners in its Sale to Homrich Berg Show more
- World Law Group Summit Atlanta '22
- Raising Capital on AIM
- Miller & Martin Hosts a Discussion on U.S.-China Business Opportunities with Zhong Lun and Printpack
- Miller & Martin Hosts a Discussion and Luncheon on Why U.S. Companies Should Choose Ireland for Their European Headquarters
- Joe DeLisle to Speak at the 2015 World Law Group Fall Conference
In 1991, Joe hiked the entire Appalachian Trail, over 2,100 miles from Georgia to Maine.