Joe DeLisle concentrates his practice on domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, private debt and equity and venture capital transactions, securities laws, corporate formation and governance, shareholders, partnership and joint venture agreements, and other general business and commercial matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Martin PLLC, Mr. DeLisle led the corporate and tax group at a mid-sized Atlanta law firm and before that practiced in the corporate group of an Atlanta-based, national law firm. Before becoming a lawyer, Mr. DeLisle was an environmental engineer for four years with Law Engineering & Environmental Services, Inc. and earned his Professional Engineer License.
- Represented a provider of audio, video and web-based conferencing solutions in a $400 million merger.
- Represented a publicly listed Australian company in its $120 million acquisition of a U.S. based pharmaceutical business, including a corresponding U.S. private equity offering and debt financing.
- Represented a privately owned managed care company in its $100 million sale to a publicly traded supplemental life and health insurance company.
- Represented the managing underwriter in the $75 million initial public offering by a provider of software and services to the medical imaging industry.
- Represented an environmental services provider in its acquisition of solid waste management and waste transfer facilities and debt and equity financings in excess of $85 million.
- Represented a family-owned sporting goods retailer in its sale of an $85 million majority ownership position.
- Represented a management team in the organization of a specialty finance company backed by more than $60 million of privately-funded capital.
- Formation of a multi-party, interdisciplinary joint venture, capitalized with more than $50 million, focused on the acquisition, recapitalization and development of distressed real estate assets.
- Represented a public healthcare company in its $50 million acquisition of a group of local healthcare providers.
- Represented a borrower in a $50 million international in-bound, subordinated secured credit facility.
- Represented a natural gas marketer in over $25 million of equity, debt and financed commercial transactions.
- Represented an online retail company in more than $25 million of private equity financing and other organizational matters.
- Represented a family-owned construction products business in its $23 million sale to a strategic public company buyer.
- Represented a provider of prepaid telecommunications services in more than $23 million of private equity financing and other corporate matters.
- Represented a high-growth, consumer services company in more than $21 million of private equity financing.
- Represented management as the "stalking horse bidder" in a $12 million management buyout of two business units through a Section 363 bankruptcy auction which also included capitalizing a new company with a combination of debt and equity financing.
- Represented sponsors in the formation of a $10 million private equity fund.
- Represented registered investment advisor (RIA) business in more than $7 million of debt and equity financing and other organizational matters.
- Represented a specialized home improvement, building products and installation services business in more than $5 million private equity financing.
- Represented an international real estate services business in its expansion strategy of acquiring local businesses and developing local markets.
- Represented numerous publicly traded healthcare companies in the syndication and organization of several ambulatory surgery centers.
- Represented a power marketer in a financed power supply arrangement with one of the top 10 energy companies in the world.
- Represented companies and investors in connection with their private capital raising initiatives or investments.
- Represented closely-held, private companies and their owners with complex governance matters and buy-out transactions, which often involve issues such as employee-employer, landlord-tenant and borrower-guarantor matters.
- Represented purchasers and sellers in bankruptcy court approved transactions.
- Serving the role as outside general counsel to numerous domestic and international companies in many different industries, producing a variety of goods and services.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Georgia State University College, 1999
- Associate Editor, Georgia State Law Review
- Phi Delta Phi
- Bleckley Inn of Courts
- Outer Barrister's Guild
- B.C.E., with honors, Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1993
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2019
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Mergers & Acquisitions since 2014
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business since 2013
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite since 2010
- Extern to The Honorable Marvin H. Shoob, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia and with the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- World Law Group, Regional Director for the Americas
- State Bar of Georgia
- Association for Corporate Growth - Member
- Boy Scouts of America - Scoutmaster
- Eagle Scout
- Decatur Presbyterian Church - Former Elder
- Decatur-DeKalb YMCA - Former Member, Board of Directors
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Foundation to Award Scholarships and Conduct Leadership Programs for Students - Founder and Former Chairman and Member of Board of Directors
- Leadership DeKalb
- Technology Association of Georgia - Member
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Edition
- Joe DeLisle Presented at the 2019 Spring Semi-Annual World Law Group Conference
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2019 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Hosts Gowling WLG in Atlanta
- 7 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2019 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Represents Sinochem International (Overseas) Pte. Ltd. in the acquisition of ELIX Polymers
- Nine Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2018 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin was a sponsor for the High Tech Prayer Breakfast
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Represents USATestprep in Sale to Serent Capital
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2018 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Represents Zenith LaborNet in Merger with Nth Degree
- Nine Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Leads Negotiations for Former Shareholders of Stability Biologics LLC (f/k/a Stability Inc.) to Acquire the Business from MiMedx Group, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Joe DeLisle Elected Regional Director for the Americas for the World Law Group
- Miller & Martin Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers
- 6 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2015 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Joe DeLisle to Speak at the 2015 World Law Group Fall Conference
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in $125 Million Debt Refinancing
- Miller & Martin Maintains Top Rankings in Chambers USA, 2015 Edition
- Joe DeLisle to Speak at the 2015 World Law Group Spring Conference
- Miller & Martin Represents Buyers Protection Group in Sale to Fidelity National Financial
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Georgia Super Lawyers® 2015
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Acquisition & U.S. Private Offering
- 14 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2014 Georgia Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- Miller & Martin Represents AVID Design in its Sale to Myelin Health
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Transactions with HedgePath Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- London Stock Exchange's Alternative Investment Market (AIM) Is Drawing Serious Attention from International Companies Seeking Public Capital
- Miller & Martin Maintains Top Rankings in Chambers USA, 2014 Edition
- Fifteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Included in 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Twelve Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma Group in Acquisition of Libertas Pharma Inc.
- Miller & Martin PLLC Maintains Top Ranking in Chambers USA, 2013 Edition
In 1991, Joe hiked the entire Appalachian Trail, over 2,100 miles from Georgia to Maine.