Jonathan Edwards practices in the area of corporate law, focusing primarily on mergers & acquisitions and private equity. He regularly represents buyers and sellers in asset and equity purchase/sale transactions and advises clients on pre- and post-transaction structuring and reorganizations, as well as entity formation and general corporate governance. He has also advised clients on tax and securities matters, as well as on corporate finance matters both on the lender and borrower side. Jonathan serves as a member of the firm's Associates Committee.
Jonathan received his J.D., with a concentration in Business Transactions, from The University of Tennessee College of Law. He received his B.S. from The University of Tennessee and his Master of Professional Accountancy, with a concentration in Financial Statement Analysis, from Georgia State University. Prior to joining Miller & Martin PLLC, Jonathan was with Deloitte Tax LLP as a Senior Consultant in Real Estate Services and prior to law school, he was a Senior Associate in audit with KPMG LLP.
- Represented family-owned commercial carpet company in the acquisition of its equity by a privately-held single-family and multi-family home carpet company for approximately $155 million, with the combined entity resulting in the third largest carpet company in the U.S. based on revenue.
- Represented integrated provider to surgeons, facilities and distributors in the surgical spine and orthopedic sector of healthcare specializing in human tissue and bone product design and development, tissue processing, and sales and distribution in its merger with a publicly-held supplier of amniotic tissue for consideration of up to approximately $50 million.
- Represented manufacturer specializing in playground equipment, fitness equipment, fan seating and water recreation products in the purchase of the assets or equity of strategic targets with consideration ranging from $4 million to $40 million.
- Represented a recognized leader in home warranties, home inspection services and commercial inspections in the acquisition of its equity by a leading provider of title insurance, technology and transaction services to the real estate and mortgage industries for approximately $46 million.
- Represented publicly-held Australian pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a pharmaceutical brand in the U.S. oral antibiotic acne market and related assets for $50 million from its distribution partner, with such acquisition funded by a fully underwritten $115 million equity raise through a public offering in Australia and private offering in the U.S.
- Represented family-owned manufacturer of broadloom carpet for hospitality, residential and niche commercial applications in the acquisition of its equity by a private equity firm for $80 million.
- Formed and represented a Georgia corporation in its application to be treated as a non-profit for federal and state income tax purposes.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Tennessee College of Law, 2010
- Senior Commentary Editor, Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law
- M.P.A., Accountancy, Georgia State University, 2004
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Tennessee, 2003
- Certified Public Accountant
- American Bar Association, Business Law and Young Lawyers Division
- Atlanta Bar Association, Business & Finance Section; Tax Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia
- Association for Corporate Growth (Atlanta Chapter) - Member
- ACG Georgia Fast 40 Committee - Member
- World Law Group - Member
- Lovett School LionBackers – Member
- Tophat Soccer Club – Little Hatters Coach
- Trinity Presbyterian Church – Member
- Miller & Martin Represents USATestprep in Sale to Serent Capital
- Miller & Martin Represents Zenith LaborNet in Merger with Nth Degree
- Edwards Elected as Member of the Firm
- Miller & Martin Leads Negotiations for Former Shareholders of Stability Biologics LLC (f/k/a Stability Inc.) to Acquire the Business from MiMedx Group, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of Sport Surface Specialties Show more
Jonathan avidly supports the University of Tennessee Volunteers, Liverpool FC, and teams on which any of his three kids play.