Kyle Eiselstein is Vice-Chair of the Litigation Department and concentrates his practice in the area of civil litigation with an emphasis in complex commercial disputes. He represents business clients in a wide range of federal and state court cases, including matters involving alleged misrepresentation and fraud, breach of contract, business torts and insurance coverage. Kyle’s practice includes representing healthcare providers in the defense of federal False Claims Act litigation.
- Represented national skilled nursing facility company in False Claims Act litigation concerning the medical necessity of rehabilitation therapy.
- Successfully represented national healthcare provider in contractual dispute concerning third party administrator's investigation of claims.
- Represented international manufacturer and distributor of beverages in recovering, under its property policy, losses resulting from a recall of its products in Europe.
- Represented beverage distributor in recovering, under its property policy, losses resulting from a defective automated storage and retrieval system.
- Represented a number of insurance companies in providing coverage opinions under CGL, D&O, EPL and other policies.
- Represented banking client in presenting claims against accounting firms for failure to detect fraud during audits.
- Represented attorneys in alleged malpractice actions.
- Represented nation’s largest producer of construction aggregates in personal injury and wrongful death claims as well as property damage and nuisance claims.
- Represented manufacturer in recovering losses suffered during a hurricane due to defective design and construction of its facility.
- Has been involved in representing clients charged with criminal immigration violations and tax fraud.
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Tennessee College of Law, 2000
- Order of the Coif
- Student Materials Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- B.S., magna cum laude, Florida State University, 1994
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- State of Tennessee, Law clerk for the Honorable Joseph Tipton, Court of Criminal Appeals, 2000-2001
- Best Lawyers 2022 Chattanooga "Lawyer of the Year" - Insurance Law
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Commercial Litigation; Insurance Law; Insurance Litigation; Healthcare Litigation, since 2018
- American Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Lookout Mountain Recreation and Baseball - Board Member
- St. Paul's Episcopal Church - Former Vestry Member and Outreach Chairman
- The McCallie School, Alumni Council - Past President
- Girls Preparatory School - Parents Council
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers® List
- Kyle Eiselstein Named 2022 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" for Insurance Law in Chattanooga
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Edition
- 53 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Edition Show more