Mike Marshall concentrates his practice on corporations, mergers and acquisitions, securities and general business law. He has an active practice in the financial institutions area, including commercial banks and other holding companies. Mr. Marshall has represented both sellers and buyers in numerous mergers and acquisitions ranging in size from less than $1 million to over $1 billion. He has also represented companies in both public and private equity offerings and represents public companies in connection with their periodic reporting requirements.
Mr. Marshall's banking practice focuses on securities law issues, mergers and acquisitions and a wide range of regulatory compliance issues. He has represented numerous de novo banks in their organizational phase and in connection with subsequent equity and debt offerings and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Marshall has also represented troubled banks in connection with unique issues that face these banks, including the entry into and compliance with regulatory enforcement actions and recapitalization efforts.
Mr. Marshall is the managing member of the Atlanta office, a member of the firm's Policy Committee and Vice-Chair of the Corporate Department.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 1997
- B.S., Accounting, University of Virginia, 1993
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite, 2013-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Banking and Finance Law since 2013
- State Bar of Georgia
- Trinity Presbyterian Church - Member
- Miller & Martin Represents EMERGE Commerce Ltd. in the Acquisition of BattlBox, LLC and Its Affiliates
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2022 Best Lawyers® List
- Miller & Martin Elects New Managing Member of the Atlanta Office
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Edition Show more
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Further Expands Terms of Main Street Lending Program to Appeal to More Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Set to Launch Main Street Lending Program for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Federal Reserve Announces Expanded Terms for Main Street Lending Program Available to Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Regulations Announced for Main Street Loan Facilities Available to Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses
- CARES Act Insights: Summary of the Coronavirus Economic Stabilization Act for Medium-Sized and Larger Businesses Show more