Patrick is an attorney in Miller & Martin's corporate department. His practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, securities, corporate finance and general business representation. Patrick advises clients with respect to mergers and acquisitions of lower middle-market companies on a nationwide basis. As the team leader on many transactions, he has advised clients on all aspects of purchase and sale transactions, including structure, financing, corporate governance and securities. Patrick also advises clients raising capital through private placements of securities and venture capital financings. In this role, he has assisted a number of private equity funds and investment partnerships with respect to their capital raising efforts. His practice also involves the representation of businesses with respect to general business and tax matters, including entity formation, debt and equity financings, contract drafting and negotiation and other general business matters.
Patrick was previously a member of the firm's Policy Committee, its managerial board, from 2013-2015.
- Represented private equity firm in the formation of investment funds.
- Represented chemical manufacturer in the strategic acquisition of an Austrian competitor, which included daily coordination with Austrian and UK counsel.
- Represented roller coaster design and construction company in its sale to a strategic acquirer based in Japan.
- Represented a trucking and logistics company in its sale to a publicly-traded acquirer.
- Represented private equity firm in the acquisition of businesses in a diverse range of industries, including specialty chemical; restaurant and entertainment; commercial construction; trucking and logistics; food and beverage packaging and distribution; internet commerce and general manufacturing.
- Represented mezzanine finance fund in loan transactions with equity components.
- Represented manufacturer of playground equipment in several strategic acquisitions to diversify its product offerings and geographic scope.
- Represented waste services company in the divestiture of subsidiaries.
- Represented flooring company in the strategic acquisition of a complimentary business.
- Represented software company, medical device maker, real estate developer and operator of assisted living facilities in private placement securities offerings.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 2000
- B.A., magna cum laude, Hampden-Sydney College, 1997
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association, Business Entity Study Committee - Tennessee Business Corporation Act Revision Subcommittee
- Miller & Martin Assists Larsen MacColl Partners with Investment in B&B Franchise Group
- Miller & Martin Represents Alex C. Fergusson, LLC in the Acquisition of Thonhauser GmbH
- Miller & Martin Represents Larsen MacColl Partners in the Sale of A&S Services Group, LLC
- Miller & Martin Represents Larsen MacColl Partners in the Acquisition of S. Walter Packaging Corp.
Patrick enjoys golf, hiking, collecting (and drinking) good wine, and coaching his daughter’s soccer team.