Rachael Ruiz focuses her practice in the area of real estate law and also has experience with matters involving environmental law and workplace safety/OSHA. She assists real estate developers, companies and nonprofit groups with various commercial matters, including, leasing transactions, closing financing and managing contracts involving retail, office and industrial properties.
Rachael graduated from Tulane University where she obtained a B.A. in Environmental Policy and International Relations. She received her J.D. from Tulane University Law School in 2016 and was the recipient of the C.J. Morrow Scholars Scholarship Award. While in law school, she served as the Senior Articles Editor of the Tulane Environmental Law Journal, a member of the Tulane Environmental Law Society and the International Law Society, and as the Logistics Chair for the 20th Annual Law Summit on Environmental Law and Policy.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2016
- B.A., Environmental Policy and International Relations, Tulane University, 2009
- Associated General Contractors of East Tennessee, Building Leaders of Chattanooga (BLOC) member
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Rotaract Club of Chattanooga
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Chattanooga Audubon Society, Board of Directors, 2019
Rachael speaks Spanish and volunteered as a Community Environmental Educator with the Peace Corps in Nicaragua.