William G. Trumpeter
Office: 423.785.8318 | Fax: 423.321.1578
Bill has represented management in labor relations and employment matters since 1976. His clients include employers in the manufacturing, bottling, construction, healthcare, banking, restaurant and service industries. He counsels national, regional and local clients in labor relations including management training, counter-union campaigns, collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, unfair labor practice investigations and trials before the NLRB, and FLSA wage-hour investigations and trials.
Bill also represents companies in EEOC, OFCCP and state equal employment opportunity charges, mediations, and litigation, including class and collective actions and is also listed as a Rule 31 mediator, directing private mediations and arbitrations.
With more than 40 years of experience, Bill brings a lot to the table. He provides his clients not just the legal ramifications of a particular course of action, but also the practical, bottom-line business implications. He believes it is best to help his clients avoid a legal problem, if possible, but be prepared to fight to a successful conclusion if not.
- J.D., University of Toledo, 1975
- B.A., Wittenberg University, 1973
- Certified Rule 31 Mediator by the Tennessee Supreme Court
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Labor and Employment Law since 1993
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, 2006-2007, 2010-2012, 2014-2016
- FMCS Training on Becoming an Arbitrator
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition
- 50 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 Edition
- 53 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Edition
- 56 Miller & Martin Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 Edition
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Selected as 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers Show more